• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home from hospital and feeling great!

Montana

Hi folks

I had my op on Friday and all went really well, came home about 3pm yesterday slept most of the day as I was still in pain with the gas. Woke up this morning feeling great, I can't believe im not in any pain. It almost feels like I've not had anything done!!

Started sipping lots of water yesterday and today so far I've had a cup of tea, a complan shake, tomato soup with marvel in it (while I sat watching my family eat the most enormous christmas dinner ever!!) and lots of sugar free squash. Going to have a milky coffee with marvel shortly. I really don't feel in the slightest bit hungry which seems very very bizarre to me. I can't quite get my head around that bit. I'm on liquids for a week then can move onto puree apparently. I've not had the feeling of 'fullness' so far with the fluids I've been taking so it will be interesting to see how that feels once I start eating 'real' food.

Bring on 2012!! :)

H xx

hey montana xx glad everything went ok and te gas pain has gone! :)

regarding not feeling full with liquids, was like that, the nurse says its becasue its going straight through your stomach and thats a good thing.

on purees now, to begin with i felt as tho i cud keep eating and eating as i just wasnt feeling full. but today im absolutly stuffed. not had any more than usual, nd was norty and had the tiniest bits of cheese with bits in for tea with some cottage cheese, was absolutly divine! but glad im feeling full quickly now, dnt feel like such a pig with my 4tbsp of slop lol xx

good luck with the liquids, i was told to stay on them for a min of 2 weeks, your lucky you only have to do one!

nas crusha is lovely with milk btw xxx

nichola xx

hey nichola, glad it's not just me that's felt like that then!! althought tonight whilst drinking my complan i have struggled to get it down, it felt like it kept getting stuck in my throat and was taking ages to get any further! im guessing i was trying to take too much at a time. any reason why they said for you to do 2 weeks on liquids? even my sheet says to do one, two if i struggle when i start puree.

as for the nas crusha, ive been to both tescos near me and neither of them sell it :( going to try asda tomorrow i think and see if i have any luck there!

what kind of stuff have you been eating on puree stage?

H xx

hey xx

i got my nas crusha from morrisons, spied it the other day when we went xmas food shopping, which was hard but i focused on my food, checkin all the packets and tins, kept my eyes away from the bad stuff.

i was only taking small sips of slimfast and it took me a long time to finish, mainly cos i didnt want it and also i was sick to the back teeth of them :-(

i was given a sheet whilst in hospital saying to go on liquids for min of 2 weeks, tonight i was looking thru my wls folder and found an old pre op diet sheet saying to stay on it for 1-2 weeks.....gutted! it hasnt done me any harm tho, lost loads of weight and the pureed stuff is goin down fine, alltho watch out for the low fat custards they are loaded with sugar and made my stomach really churn :-( think i picked up the rong ones but i couldnt see any low sugar ones.

puree food ive been eating include cheesey mash, slamon, mash and parsley sauce which is really nice! homemade veggie and corned beef soup, my xmas dinner lol, and ice bought some low fat ready meals to blitz- beef stew and mash and chicken tikka masala yum!

i dont reccomend the blended pasta, cheese and tomato sauce, its just not right yuck :-(

cnt wait for thursday, looking forward to shepperds pie, spag bol, fish pie, scrambled egg, is it rong im drooling as i write this lol??

hope this helps xxx

cheers hun, that's a massive help :) i dont eat eat but I've got a freezer full of salmon and i can whizz some cheese into mash no worries :) i cant say im looking forward to proper food just yet as i still sometimes struggle with my soup but im sure in a few days time i'll be gagging for something slightly more substantial!!

Do you just throw it in a blender and give it a quick whizz?

H xx

congrats on ya op glad everything went ok un x

glad your op went well

Glad all went well hun.. you will get through the liquid stage, and you will get all excited to be on pureed.... like im getting excite now about going on to soft foods next friday... but if vary your soups etc and make sure you sieve any bits out.. you wont get bored and you will be on pureed before you know it xx

Glad it went well for you chick :) Hope you enjoy it on the losers bench :)

hey xx ive got a liquidiser, i put it all in there and it goes very smooth, or with softer food i just use a hand blender xx

Back