• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Bizarre!!

Raynebubble

Just had a call from the hospital re my 3 month folow up check... the hav now changed the date to the 14th March... but not only have they changed the date, also the hospital..

i had my op at charing cross hospital in Hammersmith, and now my follow up appt is at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington.

Has this happened to anyone else?

i had my op at murrayfield and my first check is tomorrow at blackpool, i think it's because i live nearer to there and they are both spire hospitals :)

i since have spoken to them and they have said the biartric clinic is easier to run from St Mary's than from Charing Cross... i did think it odd at first though lol.. neither of the hospitals are near me, i live in Milton Keynes lol x

Hi Rayne,

I'm not a Charing Cross patient (even tho I am south London -- here's me travelling to north London for all my appointments at the Whittington and you travelling south! LOL!).

Anyway, I had heard that Ch.X is basically planning to transfer all of its Bariatrics Dept to St Mary's Paddington -- surely this is slightly better for you, not having to travel in (quite) so far to central London?

Best,
S.

oh i thought that may be happening... as they gave me a two contact numbers and one is 0208 the other 0203.. and lately the 0208 one always transfers me to the 0203 which much be st marys... its still a journey for me... charing cross.. is a train to euston then two tubes and a bus to the hospital... not sure how to get to paddington yet lol... i think its the same from euston, 2 tubes and a bus lol... got to wait for my directions... i hope st marys hospital is ok x
its funny we all have to travel miles for our ops etc lol x

... its still a journey for me... charing cross.. is a train to euston then two tubes and a bus to the hospital... not sure how to get to paddington yet lol... i think its the same from euston, 2 tubes and a bus lol... got to wait for my directions... i hope st marys hospital is ok x

Nah, nah, nah! St Mary's will be much easier for you from Euston -- can be done in *one* move, one direct bus or one direct tube from Euston Square to Paddington.

Not sure if these links will work, from TFL's journey planner website:

Session Expired
OPTION (1) above ..... Bus No.18 from directly outside Euston train station to the corner of Edgware road and then a short walk to Praed St (click on the PDF / interactive map thing).

Session Expired
OPTION (2) above ...... direct tube from Euston Square to Paddington -- either Circle Line or Hammersmith & City Line. Euston Square is opposite Euston train station, opposite side of the road.

"Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner, dat i know all de bus and tube routes inside out !!!" :8855:

I am lucky then my biartric clinic is only 10 mins by car from me

I will be under 2 hospitals too, I have all my appointments at Halifax but will be having my op at huddersfield ... ah well lol

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Rayne, I dont understand why you didnt have your surgery at the Luton & Dunstable Hospital - it would have made much more sense for them to send you there!! :)

Nah, nah, nah! St Mary's will be much easier for you from Euston -- can be done in *one* move, one direct bus or one direct tube from Euston Square to Paddington.

Not sure if these links will work, from TFL's journey planner website:

Session Expired
OPTION (1) above ..... Bus No.18 from directly outside Euston train station to the corner of Edgware road and then a short walk to Praed St (click on the PDF / interactive map thing).

Session Expired
OPTION (2) above ...... direct tube from Euston Square to Paddington -- either Circle Line or Hammersmith & City Line. Euston Square is opposite Euston train station, opposite side of the road.

"Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner, dat i know all de bus and tube routes inside out !!!" :8855:

Thanks hun this is a great help xxx

Rayne, I dont understand why you didnt have your surgery at the Luton & Dunstable Hospital - it would have made much more sense for them to send you there!! :)

cos i had a choice... of L&D and Charing cross... and i chose CC cos im a numpty lol.. thought it would be easier to get to by train lol

cos i had a choice... of L&D and Charing cross... and i chose CC cos im a numpty lol.. thought it would be easier to get to by train lol
ooopsie lol

yeah im a numpty

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i dont think they will allow you to do that as you need to be seen my the biatric team who did your op.. this also because CC have there own funding where as L&D have to apply for funding x

Could you not change to L & D for your post op follow up?

just thought i would update... my doctor has emailed my surgenand asked if i can transfer to L&D... oh well i will wait and see xx

Back