• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do you know which to choose band sleeveve etc

I am new and confused how do you choose which operation to go for, or do I even have a choice I have bmi 47 17st 5ft. With no other health probs.
Also does everyone need an endoscopy I have just been to my first appt at the whittington which was the group one and have an appt to see Mr Sufi.
What happens after I see him ?????????????

Hi Jackie,
listen to what your consultant advises. think about your eating habits and what and when you eat. Don't be afraid to tell them everything because then they can gauge what is best for you. Different ops work for different people and so you need to be guided by the pro's.
I think the sleeve was right for me although I my initial thoughts were for a band., but on the surgeons advice I went down the sleeve route and have'nt looked back since.
As to what happens with your PCT next I'll leave you to those who have been at the whittington.
Whatever you/they choose good luck and I hope it happens soon for you.

don't do band unless you have the willpower to say no as choc goes down perfectly!
Saying that....do you want it out your life completely?! Curly wurly and Freddo frogs are now my treats! Gone are the days of grab bags!!!!

My problem is I like all of it. Jo you look amazing considering you only had band 8 months ago. How have you done it has it been really hard is it true you can't take tablets with the band

Well I can manage paracetamol fine....?!? So not sure where you heard that from? But any bigger pills I'd want to break them in half just to be sure!!!
I've done this by exercising from the start and choosing to eat healthily so for all what others say I HAVE been on a diet the last 7months! However it's now in turn changed my mind about what I eat as I do naturally pick the healthier options out of habit! That's an accomplishment in itself!
I love my band as I can still have treats and work them into my diet so not going without but it's hard if you have an off day as quite easy to hit the sabotage button too!!! Focus is vital x

Yeah tell them evreything bout your eating habits I always thought i would have a band, the doctor told me the bypass would be more suitable, so here i am 9monts post op bypasser, Have lost 8 stone since last July so its working nothing is easy we are still going to have to work hard for the rest of our lives, I do noit calorie count but just used to recognising what size portion is enough keeping my meals on a t plate really helps for portion control any more than that then you feel stuffed and thats not nice I stop before I get to that point am satisfied but not to the point of bloating. You learn how to eat well and healthy so tell them all and they will advise you on your best option. xx

Back