• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How far out?!

Paula1975

Hi

How far out have people gone for plastics?

I've come in to some money after a ppi refund and looking into maybe an arm lift or thigh as I know these wont be offered on nhs after wls. I'm nearly a year out but also still have a few stone to go

X x x

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

I'm 2yrs out & have maintained for a year 7lbs off my ideal top end weight & bmi. I've just been referred to a plastic surgeon, because of how I've maintained. I was always lead to believe that you had to reach goal & maintain for 2yrs before there's any chance of possible NHS funding with no guarantees.
As to when I think that's up to you, worth a chat to your team or gp for advice with a stone or so to go they may advise waiting they may say its fine. I'd just be anxious about having it done to early is perhaps needing to have it tweaked later if the last bit leaves you with a little more skin needing removal.
But as such I'm new to this to so not sure my thoughts have any real value for you or anyone. Lol

I'm planning for Xmas when I hope to be at goal. I have 2.5? Stone to go.

Hi there - if you're planning on going private then you could arrange an appointment with a consultant. My initial appointment was £120 but then I could see him as many times after that as I wanted prior to making a decision on whether to go for surgery or not.

Also quite a few places - Spire - being one, have open days where you can go along for free, see a presentation and then have an informal chat. Might be worth a check out.

There's nothing wrong with getting as much info as possible so you can make an informed choice, but like the other girls have said, I would be inclined to wait until you are at your goal weight before having any surgery done, just so you get the best result you possibly can.

Good luck :)

THG do free consultations if you just want info. Im going to one next week.

I've now interviewed three surgeons since January and have only recently made my choice between the final two. They all said you need to have been at your goal weight for 3 months, surgeon said 6 months. Changes are still taking place in my body despite no weight change for about 3 months, so I am waiting 9 months and am all booked in for January.

I would wait as long as you possibly can, you know how much extra skin I have, you probably have a bit more, but the longer you leave it, the better the result will be.

If you are coming to the next meet up in Wallington on 5th August I can fill you in on the surgeons that I considered, one of them was an utter nasty piece of work, the other two were nice for different reasons.

Back