• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long ?

selena100

How long did it take for anyone who had a tummy tuck on the NHS for a referral from their gp to plastics? Went to my gp today about my tummy and she could see my problem I have with sores and that my tummy hangs right over my lady garden so she said she would referrer me so fingers crossed for funding .

I think it depends on your area as to weather they fund not sure on times tho

I'm in Dorset gp refered me no problem got turned down for lack of evidence of problems going back to gp to see what he is willing to do now. I'm assuming a collection of evidence, lots of pointless appointments for sores I've been treating myself successfully so we have evidence for next try if he's willing to try again. I may never get there but it's worth a try if he's willing to continue supporting me.

I worry dreadfully about this problem I have a lot of weigh to lose and I see several of you that have lost 8/9 stone etc are all having problems with loose skin :/

I think it all depends were u carried must of the weight , I've always had really skinny legs but carried all my weight on my tummy and boobs witch both look all full but it's my tummy that's the worst. I can prop my boobs up with a bra lol . I wouldn't mind a little saggy tummy but I'm doing keepie upies with mine .

Minn, it is inevitable we will have loose skin to a lesser or greater extent. It depends on the natural elasticity of our skin, how well we exercise & tone if that's physically possible for each of us.
Clothing and underwear help, my wobbly bits are noticeably less wobbly in tights of any sort than without. My inevitable muffin top is more or less noticeable dependant on the cut of them or my bingo wings can be compacted by sleeves. We have to learn firstly to see the changes in our self, accept the after effects of our weight loss & that our bodies are no longer as elastic as they were. Despite our fondest dreams & that the scales may read closer to the body weight we have dreamt of but our sagging skin is an inevitable reminder of what we did to ourselves pre surgery & a deterrent from returning there. We have a lot to learn & see as we face our new slimmer selves. Plus acceptance that we may never get the funding to trim what diet & exercise can't give us. We are told it's not automatically available so we may have to self fund if we feel we want to take the road to plastic surgery. Some may try the funding route & succeed others may not, some the self funding route through loans or savings. It's something we can only each decide on as we reach the end of the weight loss & manage to maintain for at least a year dependant on our authorities guidelines & restrictions. If like to conclude my journey to a new healthier me through plastics to finally sign off this dream journey & complete my journey fully to a new me. I've changed my hairstyle, now wear contacts not glasses, makeup to enhance rather than be a plain mouse trying to hide from people. However I am realistic it may never happen & in my head I can't justify something I'm not totally convinced isn't vanity, or deserved but as I say that's my low self worth speaking I'm still trying to shed that layer of me. I will see what happens as I travel this new road funding or not I need to try to accept what there is & what I may not be able to change. As I go along this new road it's a lesson to learn & perhaps in time acceptance of what I may not be able to change & be happy with what I have, a slimmer body & a healthier life.

ahhh I hope u get funding, I just got my letter back saying no, I am too early out of surgery, my BMI is in the right range which is needed 25 to 27 but have to maintain for 2 years and no evidence to say that I am any different from anyone else that has had weight loss surgery. However on the letter it says that I can appeal however you can only appeal once and to appeal there has to be new evidence to back you up x goodluck x

Back