• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to deal with a band

Tinsel

Hi, I'm completely lost, I had a band fitted the end of January, total lost so far 32 pounds but I know I could have lost double that, I might have had a band but I haven't fixed my eating problems, I still eat so much "slider" food!

Anyone been here and got your head together? I would love to hear how you all get through each week and what type of diet you all follow? I'm currently at 6ml but I think it's possibly too tight, if I attempt to eat normal food and chew and chew it can still sit there and I have to bring it back up, so I'm thinking a touch out, I could eat too much at 5ml

How long ago was the fill? Maybe it just needs time to settle. I think that it's always better to not be tight if poss. Being too tight leads to slider food, acid reflux, too much vomiting and eventually a slipped band.
Try making meal plan for two weeks, using as dense food as you can manage (get a defil if necessary) full of simple nutritious meals. I.e fruit and Greek yogurt....salmon and courgettes....chicken and sweet potato snack boiled egg/cracker with soft cheese/ ham slices etc. Pre prepare as much as possible and put into portion size Tupperware. Sit down away from the tv to eat, take small mouthfuls and chew, stop just before you are full. Do not drink for thirty mins before or after. Go back to basics and see how well you do in the two weeks the. Hopefully that will spur you on for the next two x unfortunately you just need to try and focus and not be tempted to just have slider foods. Good luck x

I'm in exact same place right now.... not using my band to full potential but fortunately managed to shift most of my weight in the honeymoon period :) so am pretty much happy to maintain right now (until heads back in the game) Your so right in saying about fixing the old eating habits..... unfortunately a band will never be the complete answer just a mere tool to help us BUT if the heads not in it were all lost at sea!!!

Try to see your band as a hurdle your food has to cross, the whole idea is just to slow you down so the vagus nerve gets stimulated to tell the old head your full :) I think its easy to get caught up.....fast eating.....feeling hungry.....get a fill...... struggle with proper foods....... eat sliders!!! I would say if your struggling with 'normal' foods possible too tight.... as the lovely lady above has said, I echo all....... sometimes it just takes the head awhile to catch up LOL I managed all my loss (so far) with out a fill at all...... am pretty sure once my heads back in the game I will continue.....I hope it all works out for you.....its not an easy one this band marlarky LOL good luck x x

Thank you ladies, I've took a screen shot of the food you have mentioned, I'm lazy and so un-interested in food, however I cook well for my little girl (I know I don't look after myself!) so I need to re-focus! I do think my band is a touch too tight OR it may be I need to just learn how to eat very slowly I can't decide which it is, I've a week until I go to my clinic to get an aspiration if need be so starting tomorrow I'm going to really really concentrate

Thanks so much I really appreciate your comments

I have a two and a four year old so I know exactly what you mean tinsel! I would be happy to help with a plan if you needed any more help x

The head hunger and bad eating habits are hard to get over. I am not managing it at the moment. But I do know the band works if you work with it

Good luck

Good advice from the girls xxxx

Back