• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am soooooooo disappointed in myself

BlueDiamond

Hi all

I not been around or posted for a while , so I hope everyone is doing well:D

As this post suggests I am so disappointed in myself, I went swimming today for the first time in a long while and to say I was shocked :eek: would be an understatement , I couldnt even manage to swim two (yes 2 ) full lengths :break_diet: and it made me realise how unfit (fat) and overweight I am :cry: I had to stop myself :cry: on the bus on the way home as well . I also have regained about 10lbs in the last few months or so and my weight is creeping back up, I was going to post sooner but I didnt want everyone to know that I feel like a failure :mad:.

I called the hospital a short while ago (2 weeks) to find out how much longer I should have to wait for surgery (currently on waiting list for surgery date) and I was told that I am number 25 on the list and the secretary said that I would still be waiting for some months too come yet :eek:

Sorry this is isnt a more positive but I thought if I wrote down how I felt it would make me feel a little better - :D

Thanks in advance for reading - Me Julie xx

You are NOT a failure and it isnt suprising to put some weight back on, hell, if you found it easy to keep weight off then you wouldnt be having weight loss surgery, that is why we are all here, losing weight wasnt always the problem, it was the keeping it off long term, so I would be more shocked if you found it easy to keep the weight off as you wait for your surgery.
Please try not to put yourself down, you WILL get there in time and the waiting must be horrible, but please dont feel like a failure, you just are NOT!!!
Steph xx

Your def not a failure - I feel so lucky to have asked my GP to refer me in April and had my surgery in Oct (could have been Sept). I think your strengh and determination is fantastic - keep smiling xxxx

Julie hun there is no way at all ur a failure look at how much weight u lost, so u put on 10 u can lose that easily within a couple of weeks, hun pls dont be so hard on urself.
Hun its so stressful waiting on a date for our wls, i put on weight and i am sure so many of us did, ur such a fab and supportive girl pls be easier on urself.
Take care hun and u can always catch me on FB if u want to chat at any time, u have changed ur username did not realise it was u till i read "me julie" at the end lol xxx

Julie, don't be to hard on yourself. If we were all good at keeping weight off we wouldn't need WLS in the first place.

Tomorrow is another day, you can start again. At least you went to the swimming baths to try again and you've recognised that you need to get back on the wagon.

Waiting for surgery has got to be the hardest thing in the world, we've all been there and it's frustraiting & can really get you down. At least you know you are on the list and your time will come. In a few months when it's all done and dusted you'll feel like it didn't take that long to come around for you.

Keep pestering the secretary for a date & see if you can get on a cancellation list.

You can start to loose the weight you've gained again and you'll feel better for it as you know that anything you loose now will help you recover quicker after your surgery.

You are not a failure, you are like the rest of us, an absolute start for doing this amazing journey to get yourself a better life x

As the others have said, you are not a failure and if you were able to diet and keep the weight off then you wouldn't be having the surgery. Keep your chin up and let's hope that you get your date soon xx

Cheer up hun, we are all behind you.

Isnt it funny how we hide away when things are going right, thinking we are failing. So glad you were brave enough to come back on.

Keep writing it wont cure your problem but hopefully may help.

Have you asked if you could go on the cancelllation list.

I don't think failure is a good word. Human is more like it.

Massive praise to you for coming on here and giving us an update on your progress when you felt it wasn't a positive.

As others have said you can lose that weight with a bit of effort and lifestyle change, and i'm guessing that you are wanting to make changes else you wouldn't have been in the pool in the first place.

I'm just wondering how many operations your hospital does each week? The end is getting closer, try not to look at it being weeks away but more that each week it gets that little bit closer...

Good luck my lovely xxx

I have nothing to add that hasnt already been said. Hang in there Jules. The waiting is horrendous, but you are on the list and will get to the front of the queue in time.

I put on 21lb in the 8 months between my first appointment and my surgery. It wasnt a problem. As someone else said, if you want to you could lose 10lb fairly quickly. In fact you will prob lose about that much on your pre op diet, so try not to worry.

Back