• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I keep reading tha protein should make up your diet is this true ?

Danielle <3

Hi I have just read a few threads on eating protein and it making up the lion share of your diet. I am a newbie and Iam a week post gastric bypass . At north Tyneside where I had my surgery ,they don't play a massive emphasis on protein, they mainly say just to eat a balanced meal. They say that there should be equal measures of proteins, carbs and veg in each meal on their post op diet. Was wondering why hospitals offer different advice and what is best ?:confused:

All Hosps say different things. Eat protein first then veg and if u still have room you can have your carbs xx

@happydays Thanks for ur reply, I will give it a whirl, Iam having equal measures at the min and managing all as I am on puree stage and not eating a lot but I am thinking more for when I do start solid foods x

Yeah it doesn't really matter at the minute but once you start solids. Protein first.
It will fill you up faster with less fat thus making the most of your bypass in honeymoon period

Back