• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help getting PCT funding for my gastric bypass

Gentlegiant

Please advise me...

Hello all,

I am 23stones and i have tried everything possible to loose weight. Even locked my jaws permanently for 3 month (3 times) to loose weight but i never really loose enough before i start to gain it back and i know my only option for a normal weight would be gastric bypass or banding.

I initially discussed this with my GP who was very unhelpful, then i changed surgery and had this doctor that was God sent. Was willing to see it through that i get funding for the surgery.

Unfortunately, he has now left the surgery nd i now have a new doctor who is again reluctant to help even though the endriconolgist has confirmed that i need the surgery.

A formal letter was sent to the luton and dunstable hospital on my behalf and true to the endriconologists prediction, i was declined on the fact that i am not diabetic (yet) even though my BMI is 40 and i have a family history of diabetes. I am now in the process of appealing but like i said, my new doctor is not showing much interest in helping me which is really frustrating to me. So for those who have been successful in getting the PCT funding, could you please advise what i can do to make this dream come true for me? I have written a personal letter to the doctor already, explaining what difference the weight loss will make to my life in general. you know not being judged by my looks first before anything else....

so please i need help here as i am desperate and i cany afford to pay for the surgery myself...

Back