• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Think I'm Officially The Worst Loser Here..Update

Hun pls keep posting and i really hope that ur team manage to sort things out for u, pls dont be a stranger hun, i remember reading ur posts from last year and u always have been such a supportive gal pls let us support u now especially at the time u need it xxx( i have a very bad habit of doing that lol)

Update.

I had thought of not bothering to update, as I was bit ticked off by two comments that I should be positive that I had lost 2st. Interesting that the comments were made by people that had not had there op’s.

I'm sure they meant well with their comments hun, and were trying to be supportive, but I know the written word doesnt always come across like that. Please know that we are all here for you.

I’ve always known that there would be times when weight loss would be slower than others times but mine never really took off from the get go. So I don’t think it is unreasonable to be disappointed.

I totally agree hun, and being completely truthful, I would be gutted to have lost so slowly. Around the various forums I visit I have come across 2 or 3 people that have struggled to lose any weight at all with the bypass, or a couple that have lost maybe 3-4 stones and then really struggled to get any more off.

Anyway I did see one of the surgeon that works with the bariatric team. She said Gastric Bypass have a failure rate of 5% for a number of reasons.
Revision surgery was discussed and I was told it was extremely difficult and dangerous and there were more increased risk.

I'm glad you are talking to your team about it and that they are not blaming you in anyway. Clearly you are one of the 5%. Its important to know the risks of further surgery so you can make an informed decision.

There were two ways of doing it one was to make the pouch smaller or to reduce malabsorption. There will be test that may need to be done before any decision is made. The surgeon is going to put my case to the MDT and they will decide on the next step.

Im glad they are being thorough and looking at all options, although Im sure its going to be very hard to remain patient whilst you wait for them to make decisions/recommendations for your treatment.

Its been 2 weeks since I was weighed by the nurse and I put on 600g, not loads I no but I wasn’t happy. I plan to try the 5 day pouch test next week.

The 5 day Pouch Test is an excellent tool. It will be interesting to see if it does improve restriction/reduce hunger for you etc.

Pinkyx

Please keep posting hun, not only to gain support, but so that others considering surgery can be aware that it isnt always plain sailing.

You can always PM me if you want to chat privately x

Oh hon. I am so sorry this is going on. I really hope that the surgeon can help you out. It really is such a awful thing to have happen and I can only imagine how disheartened you must feel.

Pinky, please let us know how you get on.

I'm pre-op & have to say that whilst yeah, you've lost 2stone, I'd be gutted (just like you are) that I'd not lost more.

Please keep us updated. Best wishes & good luck.....

Oh for heavens sake I WAS being supportive by pointing out that you had managed to loose some weight so there was a little hope for you to cling to instead of thinking everything was negative. It has nothing to do with the fact I havent had surgery yet. I feel hurt by your comments that suggest I was being anything other than supportive and that I couldnt possibly know because I hadnt had surgery yet.

Pinky,

I feel so sorry for you - we all build up our hopes for this fantastic weight loss - but some have great difficulty shifting it. You have done very well with your 2st loss and should be very pleased. Hoping the Bariatric team help you through this unsettling time and help you on your way to weight loss. x

Hiya Pinky - welcome back and thanks for posting. I know I dont understand how your feeling, but Im guessing its sheer disappointment? I really hope that your surgical team can get some answers for you without risking your health.
Please continue to keep us updated. And sending you good thoughts for a good resolution x

Hi Pinky glad you came back one cause we are all here to support each other especially in the difficult times. I'm sorry things aren't going as well as you hoped so far. Hopefully the team can get to the root cause and you can all get things moving again for you! Keep us posted xx

Hi Pinky,

It's so sad to hear that things are not going well and it's not working as well as you hoped. I really hope that something can be done. If you do go for another op I wish you all the best xx

Back