• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ideas anyone?

right.. erm..

I had my band done 12 days ago and still on liquids/purees for now.. living on a shake for breakfast, yoghurt or soup for lunch and pureed potato with sandwich fillers mixed in and sometimes have a yoghurt for supper and am looking for any recipes more suitable for banders for my lumpy bits stage..

I know a lot of people say anything is ok as long as in moderation and to keep an eye on fat content..
but my favourite meals used to be chicken fajitas (may be too spicy for me now?), chicken wraps (not sure if am allowed wraps or pitta), chicken or pork or sausage casseroles and meat with plenty of veg and very little potato.. and I loved roast beef or braised steak cooked in gravy in the oven on a low heat with mixed vegetables thrown in - could I still have that if the meat was fall-apart cooked?

also - can anyone suggest any recipes for home made pies - or is pastry a no-no as well? :sigh:

thanks in advance..

spicy is good it helps boost the metabolism, take it easy and build up the amount of spice slowly to find your tollerance level.

chilli con carne, great protien and low carbs, although some in the beans is a good one for banders and bypass

Hi there wannabeanewme :)

Have you tried making a fish pie with a mashed potato top instead of pastry. I haven't had surgery yet but I think as a rule pastry should be avoided as it won't be giving you much nutritional value and has a very high fat content.

Regarding the wrap/pita.......they are both breads so as long as you remember that they are carbs and a good rule of thumb is to have double the amount of protein to carbs in your diet I am sure you will be able to make your own modified fajitas before long.

It's still early days If it was me I would be wary of what I ate at this stage. Also bear in mind, now is the best time to try and break old habits and introduce healthier new ones.

Not a fan myself, but I know turkey mince is a much healthier option for things like bolognaise and chilli con carne.

I'm a bit f a casserole girl myself, I don't really have a answer on this one but I am sure someone with a bit more knowledge may have some advice or suggestions other than that of reducing portion sizes.

I think I have seen on here somewhere that chicken stock cubes are good for protein as is hot bovril, following that train of thought I would imagine most kinds of stock cubes are ok so making a stew with lean meat and veggies which can be puried down to required consistency and divided into small portions seems ok to me but I am not an expert. Hope someone comes along soon to advise Xx

Back