• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've cancelled my gastric band op...

Beebs

I've posted a few threads recently as I'd been having serious doubts about my decision to have a gastric band. Sadly, the nerves have got to me & I've cancelled my surgery. I've had second and third thoughts about taking this route & decided that I will try to lose the weight myself but with much more focus and determination than ever before. Am definitely feeling mixed emotions about having cancelled, but can't deny they are tinged with a bit of relief, as I don't think I had come to terms with my decision to have a band.

I applaud those of you who are brave enough to proceed with surgery as it is in no way as easy decision to come to, nor is it the 'easy way out', as some people seem to think. I know I will feel very strange on Jan 7th (meant to be my band op date) - I will no doubt be having a weird 'sliding doors' moment wondering what could have been! However I have no regrets, as I will proceed knowing that the option for WL surgery is always there should I decide that is really is the right path for me.

However - a message to all you lovely people I've spoken to on here or have been there with advice and support: THANK YOU. I haven't been here very long but have still felt very welcome. I feel really honoured to have met such a lovely bunch of people, and know that if I (or anyone else I know) do decide to go down the surgery route, this forum will be one of the first places I would turn to (or recommend to someone else). I'd still like to float around and say hi and offer support to others wherever I can, so will hopefully see you around!

Thanks and best of luck to all of us for our weight loss / maintenance efforts. Here's to a happy & healthy 2012! xx :massmoon:

P.S. If any Londoners have a support group or meet then I'd love to be there to say hello!

Last edited:
Sounds like you have done the very best thing for you :) As you say, doesnt mean you cant come back to it in the future, as you are a private patient.

Very best of luck to you and don't be a stranger :) xxx

No worries - you have to do what's right for you. I wish you every success with losing weight. I enjoyed reading your posts, so pop in every now and again to say hello.

awww bless ya, you've done the right thing :) as Fuffs said, you can always come back to it in the future if you want to. I wish you all the luck in the world with your healthy eating :) xxx

I've posted a few threads recently as I'd been having serious doubts about my decision to have a gastric band. Sadly, the nerves have got to me & I've cancelled my surgery. I've had second and third thoughts about taking this route & decided that I will try to lose the weight myself but with much more focus and determination than ever before. Am definitely feeling mixed emotions about having cancelled, but can't deny they are tinged with a bit of relief, as I don't think I had come to terms with my decision to have a band.

I applaud those of you who are brave enough to proceed with surgery as it is in no way as easy decision to come to, nor is it the 'easy way out', as some people seem to think. I know I will feel very strange on Jan 7th (meant to be my band op date) - I will no doubt be having a weird 'sliding doors' moment wondering what could have been! However I have no regrets, as I will proceed knowing that the option for WL surgery is always there should I decide that is really is the right path for me.

However - a message to all you lovely people I've spoken to on here or have been there with advice and support: THANK YOU. I haven't been here very long but have still felt very welcome. I feel really honoured to have met such a lovely bunch of people, and know that if I (or anyone else I know) do decide to go down the surgery route, this forum will be one of the first places I would turn to (or recommend to someone else). I'd still like to float around and say hi and offer support to others wherever I can, so will hopefully see you around!

Thanks and best of luck to all of us for our weight loss / maintenance efforts. Here's to a happy & healthy 2012! xx :massmoon:

P.S. If any Londoners have a support group or meet then I'd love to be there to say hello!
best wishes to you it cant have been easy for you good luck x x

Good luck. Any surgery is always a difficult decision and for you with the added stress of financing it. You have made the decision best for you at this time - and that is the most important thing.

Best wishes

tranquil x

i've posted a few threads recently as i'd been having serious doubts about my decision to have a gastric band. Sadly, the nerves have got to me & i've cancelled my surgery. I've had second and third thoughts about taking this route & decided that i will try to lose the weight myself but with much more focus and determination than ever before. Am definitely feeling mixed emotions about having cancelled, but can't deny they are tinged with a bit of relief, as i don't think i had come to terms with my decision to have a band.

i applaud those of you who are brave enough to proceed with surgery as it is in no way as easy decision to come to, nor is it the 'easy way out', as some people seem to think. i know i will feel very strange on jan 7th (meant to be my band op date) - i will no doubt be having a weird 'sliding doors' moment wondering what could have been! However i have no regrets, as i will proceed knowing that the option for wl surgery is always there should i decide that is really is the right path for me.

however - a message to all you lovely people i've spoken to on here or have been there with advice and support: Thank you. I haven't been here very long but have still felt very welcome. I feel really honoured to have met such a lovely bunch of people, and know that if i (or anyone else i know) do decide to go down the surgery route, this forum will be one of the first places i would turn to (or recommend to someone else). I'd still like to float around and say hi and offer support to others wherever i can, so will hopefully see you around!

thanks and best of luck to all of us for our weight loss / maintenance efforts. Here's to a happy & healthy 2012! Xx :massmoon:

p.s. If any londoners have a support group or meet then i'd love to be there to say hello!

good luck beebs watever your decision is - there isnt a ''right'' or ''wrong'' one hunni, just a choice, both of which have consequences good & bad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck with it, I'm sure you will be able to do it. Surgery isn't the only answer, its just the main answer that we talk about here.
Keep us posted as to how you are doing please, i'm sure we would all love to know, and I for one wish you the very best of luck, take lots of walks if you can, stick to your program and stay focused on what you want for the future.
Lynne x

good luck x

Aw good luck, sweetheart :) only you know what is best for you :) use the 7th as the day you really start to make a new, slimmer healthier you, just without the surgery :):) xxx

Beebs, very best of luck and I am glad u felt better after your choice. It's nothing worse than do something with doubts. Please do keep in touch and let us know how u get on xxx

Thank you so much for all your kind responses, I've really appreciated them xx Oh and on the plus side, I discovered today I've lost 9lb over the last two weeks! Combination of pre-op diet and losing water initially no doubt but it's a lovely (& completely unexpected) kick start that has really motivated me, yay! :) Thanks again everyone & a very happy new year to you all xxx

Hi Beeb, Well done on losing 9lb, that's fab, especially at Christmas.
Good luck on the rest of your journey, whichever path you choose, it has to be the right one for you. I truly hope you are sucessful.
Happy new year, may all your dreams come true x

Beebs well done on making this tough decision. Please don't go away though. Stay on the forum. You have obviously made friends here who will support you on your weight loss journey.

Just remember if you decide to change your mind about surgery then we will all be as much behind you then as we are now...

As others have said wls is not the only option, i have a friend who did slimming world and lost 11 stone in about 18 months without being deprived so that might be a good place to start?

All my best wishes and here's to seeing a lot less of you (physically - not cyberly) in 2012 xx

Back