• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've got to get more active :)

ASQ

I've got to get more active on here ..... and in life !!!

When I first registered on this site I was contemplating getting a band from a private provider who has since gone bust.

Since then I my thoughts have moved more towards a wrap or sleeve, and I have seen a few UK providers for opinions and prices.

Meanwhile ..... whilst attempting to save up the pennies for surgery privately, two of my nieces have announced their forthcoming weddings.

I now want to "shed the timber" before at least one of those weddings. I am currently just under 18 stone and wearing size 22.

Desperately want to get back down to size 16 or lower.

Want to use this site to help motivate me, but keep finding my posts take ages to appear (awaiting moderation etc) ...... not sure whether I have to make 50 posts before this disappears ????

Hi,
I'm a firm believer in not 'putting it off'.... If you have decided then book & do it.
I initially had a gatric wrap in Prague but was ill advised on my choice of surgery...My stomach was over-wrapped producing exccessive acid reflux.
My original provider went bankrupt, and didnt return calls or emails from Aug 2013 from me asking for help.
I decided enough was enough - got £6.5k together and had surgery revised, in France via an excellent surgeon.

Hindsight - wish I had never had the wrap for me personally, I know it can be successful for others but any provider that advises you poorly is questionable????

Best thing I did was revision, decided in Nov, revised in Jan - job done and now I can get on with my life xx xx

Best thing I did was revision, decided in Nov, revised in Jan - job done and now I can get on with my life xx xx

Thanks, Clare. As it happens yesterday I stumbled across your diary and that of Anon1986 as well. I am now quite curious about your French surgeon and the mini-bypass.

Whilst I am saving money, I have time to google / research all the options.

Whilst I appreciate your comment about "not putting it off" it is simply finances at the moment which prevent me from going ahead immediately.

If it was just a question of deciding whether to buy a pair of snow boots for £60 ...... I would also make up my mind a lot quicker.

But for me the £6,000++ (or up to £11K in the UK) needed for surgery is going to take me some time to save.

Thanks anyway. I have been enjoying your diary a lot !!! :)

Thanks, Clare. As it happens yesterday I stumbled across your diary and that of Anon1986 as well. I am now quite curious about your French surgeon and the mini-bypass.

Whilst I am saving money, I have time to google / research all the options.

Whilst I appreciate your comment about "not putting it off" it is simply finances at the moment which prevent me from going ahead immediately.

If it was just a question of deciding whether to buy a pair of snow boots for £60 ...... I would also make up my mind a lot quicker.

But for me the £6,000++ (or up to £11K in the UK) needed for surgery is going to take me some time to save.

Thanks anyway. I have been enjoying your diary a lot !!! :)

Bloody £'s.....I took bank loan & don't regret it...my revision was 6.3, standard surgery is 5.3
I got my loan instantly with Tesco....

Surgeon was fantastic, seriously couldn't recommend his expertise enough. Obv appreciate travelling etc isn't everyone's choice but I had financial restraints so it was best option, uk revision was £12k - no chance xx

Back