• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little bit upset

mum21baba

I'm sorry for moaning!!
I am just a little bit upset and down I guess. I met my surgeon on the 21st December and he agreed that we should go for the band. Originally I wanted the sleeve but he thought that the band was best for me and in the end I came home happy. So obviously we had Christmas and everything and when the holidays ended I called the hospital to see what happens next. The lovely lady said that she was waiting for my notes to come up and then we could book a a date for surgery :D Anyway, she called me the next day and said that although she hadn't got my notes she was thinking of the 6th of Feb for my surgery. I was absolutely estatic!!!!
Then the next morning I get another phone call from the same lady saying that she hadn't realised what PCT I was in and that I only had funding for assessment NOT the actual surgery. So, basically they now have to request funding for the surgery from the PCT again!!!!!!!!!!!! And we all know how long that could take so the Feb surgery is now a no no.
I was so excited and now I could be waiting months. Its not anybodys fault and the lady at the hospital absolutely lovely so I have no right to moan, but I just feel a bit down about it all x

omg thats just so wrong!!! jesus, a little bit upset? i'd be beside myself with anguish!! you poor thing :( i really hope this happens so quickly for you (((hugs))) xxx

I'm sorry for moaning!!
I am just a little bit upset and down I guess. I met my surgeon on the 21st December and he agreed that we should go for the band. Originally I wanted the sleeve but he thought that the band was best for me and in the end I came home happy. So obviously we had Christmas and everything and when the holidays ended I called the hospital to see what happens next. The lovely lady said that she was waiting for my notes to come up and then we could book a a date for surgery :D Anyway, she called me the next day and said that although she hadn't got my notes she was thinking of the 6th of Feb for my surgery. I was absolutely estatic!!!!
Then the next morning I get another phone call from the same lady saying that she hadn't realised what PCT I was in and that I only had funding for assessment NOT the actual surgery. So, basically they now have to request funding for the surgery from the PCT again!!!!!!!!!!!! And we all know how long that could take so the Feb surgery is now a no no.
I was so excited and now I could be waiting months. Its not anybodys fault and the lady at the hospital absolutely lovely so I have no right to moan, but I just feel a bit down about it all x

No wonder u feel down hun I would be the same, I have never heard of funding for assessment and then funding for op . Must be a new thing or just different pct's . Hopefully your not kept waiting 2 long x

your being very nice about being let down lol....if be beside myself!!!

i know its words BUT it will happen and by the time your having surgery,,,youll forget all this anguish and wait

chin up hun xxx

Yet again a different route to have to go down just to get surgery it so damn unfair the pain and torment everyone is having to go through!
I'm an emotional eater which I'm sure many of us are so this sort of bollox sure doesn't help!
Well done for taking it so well I'd be devastated

Aw Hun wot a bummer hope they sort ur op out soon chin up hunni xx

No wonder you are fed up. Hope they dont take too long.
Lynne x

That is rough :( but you may not be too long waiting as they now have a file for you & the surgeons assessment to go on ... fingers crossed it won't be long, chick xxx :):)

i didn't know they did it like that anywhere , i hope you hear very soon and will be smiling again xx

oh how disappointing hun, i understand you feeling so down.... all i can say is keep you chin up... your srgery will happen.. and it may be sooner than you think. As they have realised they made a mistake, it may take less time for them to get things sorted.. Big Rayne hugs to you xx

Back