• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

long term post op - almost 5 1/2 years, questions welcome! x

staypositive

On The Losing Side
Hey all my minimins, old and new! Not been on here for sooooo long, but just wanted to touch base and let everyone know there IS light at the end of this journey that can seem so daunting! i am now almost 5 and a half years post bypass and believe me its the best thing i ever did!!! I weigh just over 9 and a half stone and am as healthy as could hope for. I had a very successful operation and embraced the initial hard work afterwards. I lost almost all of my weight (7 stone) within 6 months!! I always thought that my life after a bypass would never be the same again - I wondered if i would ever be able to eat out in a restaurant again, whether everyone would always examine how much i ate?? Trust me, believe me, when i say unless i tell the new people i meet, they would never know!! (apart from rice, i still need to be careful with that). If any body has any questions then please feel free to contact me, life post by-pass is NOT as life changing as i thought it would be - well, apart from the fantastic figure and health rewards!! Good luck to everyone - and as my user name says - STAYPOSITIVE!!! big hugs to all that find themselves in such a challenging place, but rewarding place!! x x x

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what a brilliant loss!! Well done. I'm only 6 weeks post op and can't imagine in 5 years haha.
Good to hear you can enjoy 'normal life' gives us newbies hope x

Hey all my minimins, old and new! Not been on here for sooooo long, but just wanted to touch base and let everyone know there IS light at the end of this journey that can seem so daunting! i am now almost 5 and a half years post bypass and believe me its the best thing i ever did!!! I weigh just over 9 and a half stone and am as healthy as could hope for. I had a very successful operation and embraced the initial hard work afterwards. I lost almost all of my weight (7 stone) within 6 months!! I always thought that my life after a bypass would never be the same again - I wondered if i would ever be able to eat out in a restaurant again, whether everyone would always examine how much i ate?? Trust me, believe me, when i say unless i tell the new people i meet, they would never know!! (apart from rice, i still need to be careful with that). If any body has any questions then please feel free to contact me, life post by-pass is NOT as life changing as i thought it would be - well, apart from the fantastic figure and health rewards!! Good luck to everyone - and as my user name says - STAYPOSITIVE!!! big hugs to all that find themselves in such a challenging place, but rewarding place!! x x x

This is different...a long termer!!
Well done on your achievement and maintaining a little trim figure of 9 1/2 stone after 5 years,that's brill!
I agree on the rice thing I still struggle too and I'm over 3 yes out from bypass.
Well done x

Y ES I find rice very filling too swells up inside and white bread take s its toll on me almost 2yrs 5 months lovely to hear from some one so far out xx

Fab to hear from a long timer you have done so well its lovely of you to pop back and let us all know how you are doing :)

4 weeks out and struggling with the post-op slop it's really great to hear something inspiring like this! :D

Long timers are worth there weight in gold.

Well done on your success. You sound like a perfect role model.

X

Well done, it's so encouraging to hear a long term success, I do have a question I am 11 weeks post bypass and have been invited out for a Thai meal! Is there anything I could eat I have been ok with plain rice at home but think I would look a bit strange just ordering plain rice!

How long after your operation do you think it was where you would be able to go on hols n eat without being in a crisis ? Well done hunny :)) xx

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Back