• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Major Stall pleh!

jaxx

I've had a major weight loss stall now for the past month and a half or so. I'm eating loads of low fat cheese, a handful of nuts occasionally, drinking lots of skimmed milk, fruit daily, lean meats and not much in the way of carbs but I'm stuck on 16 stone!

The only other thing I can think of is that I've been working a lot of overtime at work and it's a very sedentary job and I nibble whilst I'm there. I take in nuts to nibble at my desk, light mini baby bells, melon chunks, etc. I've been making my own lunches and taking them to work and usually consists of bolognese (no pasta) with lean mince etc, beef stew (no potatoes), sweet and sour chicken made with tomatoes and pineapple chunks in juice etc (no rice) and is usually no more than a couple of dessert spoonfuls.

I've not been able to get much exercise because of all the overtime and mum's been ill so I've been looking after her.

Any ideas?

It looks like you are eating the right things Jaxx, but you say you are drinking a lot of skimmed milk. How much milk are you having as whilst its a good source of protein it does contain calories - you could be having too much?

Other than milk, are you drinking plenty of other fluids?

So sorry to hear you are having a big stall Jaxx, its so frustrating and the longer it goes on the worst it must feel. I hope it hurries up and s*ds off for you (HUGS) XX

i hit a stall for a few weeks, but now i'm hoping by starting the gym i will kick start it all properly again

Don't all shoot me now, but the best loss i had was recently when i had two weeks of losing 3lb and one week of losing 4lb. During this time i ate whatever i felt like that was in the house.... Sometimes i think our body needs a little something extra to kick start it into thinking the greedy devils back and the starving is over xx

How about introducing some carbs back into your diet for a while? I know we should avoid carbs but I was told by a dietician that we should never cut them out completely. Maybe just a small amount daily?

I do eat some carbs, I have 2 slices of Warburton's Milk Roll toast for breakfast and occasionally I'll have a small amount of pasta with my tea.

I have cut out a lot of snacks recently. I was taking the Nairn's Cheese Oatcakes into work and eating them but I felt it was too much but since I've stopped them I've stalled! lol

I was also being quite naughty and eating stuff I really shouldn't have been eating like crisps so I cut them out and since I have I've stalled. How bizarre.

The milk I'm drinking is in a Costa (or the local cafe which is cheaper but smaller cups)large skinny latte but that's only on work days. I drink lots of tea with skimmed milk on my days off and nas squash.

Back