• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

More tired with cpap

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

Well on day 4 of cpap and am so tired, cant sleep with it, am a really fussy sleeper, last night i did manage until 5am, will phone the hospital tomorrow as the mask just lets air escape and moves, and mouth mega dry. Are you allowed a night off without it do you think, i know its to help but its not at the moment but don't want it to stop my surgery. I have sarcoidosis and if i don't get my rest i get chronic arthritis and am starting to feel the effects now, just don't know what to do. Sorry for moaning ! :copon:

They'll know if you haven't used it when they check the little card that pushes into the machine. When you go back they look at that card and the percentage of use and it's effectiveness determines if you become what they call "stable". If you are not stable then this will delay your op. Just keep going at it bex. One day it just clicks into place and you'll be so grateful for it. If the air is escaping you need to pull it a touch tighter and they can do something to help you with the dryness, it's like a little filter or something, that moistens the air flow...good luck hun x

Thanks hun, will ask them tomorrow about the filter. How you getting on. x

Thanks must sound like a right old winger, but so love a peaceful sleep x

They really can be hard to get used to. Mine was not to bad, but now I have lost 5 stone ish, the air kept on escaping everytime I turned over in bed.

Last night I adjusted it a bit tighter and it was much better. I was told so long as I managed at least four hours a night during the two weeks before they checked me again that would be fine.

My mouth gets really dry, I put some lip salve on my lips before I put the mask on which helps them. I didn't know about a filter to moisten the air so will ask when I go for my yearly check up.

It will get better for you - good luck with it.

Thanks all, hope u get on ok magsy and don't have it, have u had an appointment yet xx

Hi I have severe sleep apnoea!
Please check the size of your mask seal chances are you need the size down.
Make it nice and tight! dont let any air leak out except for the little filter holes.
To prevent dry mouth the cpap should have the de humidifier extension attached dont fill to the max level line or it bubbles over! fill to just below with cold water and have the dial on 1 or 2 b4 medium I find is the ideal concoction for me! Been wearing it 2 years now and with correct usage your life could be normal with no sleepiness. good luck,

Back