• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Moved onto puree stage

Muizenberg

Moved onto the puree stage this evening. Decided to try a 1/4 of a Cottage pie meal for one . So far no problems although was difficult trying to blend the meat pieces incl. with a masher. So discarded them. The mash and gravy was sublime .

I appreciate the dietician indicated I should stay on the liquid stage for 3 weeks but only a few days short and was concerned about becoming malnurished as barely taking in any calories. The only saving grace being Kenco Millicano coffee with rice milk. Hopefully with the additional protein in diet ( will also try out pea protein this week) and start of mild exercise will see scales move a little more.

I started the puree stage early for the same reason. I was so weak. But my team do say that you can move on after only a week on each stage if you feel ready. Be careful with the exercise, it's still early days. From what I have read it does really help you to loose weight once you have had WLS it's more about what you eat. Exercise will help to change your body shape.

Good luck!

I probably should add that I didn't get on too well with moving on a few days early. I was on liquids for quite a while and then I got very ill and it's been very difficult to keep track of my stages and what I eat.

Hi Apositive
Trying not to overdo the exercise but not used to sitting around. Had a nice walk around Greenwich yesterday and walked up the hill to the Obeservatory. Also started a few minutes daily on exercise bike and arms reps with 2kg kettle bell whilst seated.

If I get any probs with the puree stage will revert back to liquids (grr) for a few days. Stomach looks like a dart board after all the Clexaine injections. Roll on two weeks.

Back