• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre-Op Diet so far.

Anon1986

Hi, I'm going for the Gastric Warp (plication) on the 13th so I thought I'd share my diet and check if I'm doing it right.

I'm on 14 days low cal/fat diet. Limited to 1000 calories daily.
I've been keeping a note of every item I eat, so I'll just paste the text in, might be a bit unformatted as it's coming from my notepad.

January 30th - Start Pre-Op Diet.
Code:
Breakfast:

2 yummy tablets:
-1x1000mg Milk Thistle - Next time I’m going to buy capsule ones, these literally taste like dog biscuits.
-1x20mg Omeprazole - Precautionary to prevent/solve undetected stomach issues.
A bowl of Fruit & Bran with semi skimmed milk.

Dinner:

1 fresh chicken breast sliced and grilled. (<3 the foreman)
Small amount of pasta with some tomato.

Supper/Snack:

1/2th box of pringles as they where left in the cupboard and I hate to be wasteful :(. I know, amazing start to the pre-op diet but there is no other naughty food in my flat so let's be naughty and not tell anyone...
1/5th punnet of Grapes for supper, love grapes :).

Drinks: 1 glass of Orange squash

January 31th – 2nd day of Pre-Op Diet.
Code:
Breakfast:

My 2 usual pre-op yummy tablets.
1 bowl of Kellogs Crunchy Nut – Semi Skimmed Milk. Bit sweet for a diet breakfast, but it was a small bowl.

Dinner:

1xFresh chicken breast – grilled.
1xPasta with tomato, I did too much pasta though. 4

Tea:

1xFresh chicken grilled
100g plain rice

Snacks:

Had 2 raw carrots, 1 banana.

February 1st – The 3rd of day pre-op diet.
Code:
Breakfast:
Usual 2 yummy tablets
Small bowl of Crunchy Nut

Dinner:

Grilled chicken breast
Pasta

Snacks:

2 servings of jelly and a few pickled onions

Estimated calories 700

February 2nd – The 4th day of pre-op diet.
Code:
Breakfast:
Usual 2 yummy tablets
Bowl of bitesize shreddies

Dinner:

Grilled chicken breast
1xUncle Bens Basmati Rice – I did have the entire packet :(. But, I ended up skipping lunch due to work and was hungry. Still sub 1k calories.

Snacks:

2 bowls of sugar free jelly and some pickled onions.

February 3rd – The 5th day of pre-op diet.
Code:
Breakfast:
Yummy dog biscuit tasting milk thistle and the other one ;)
Bowl of bitesize Shreddies 

Dinner:
Garlic sausage sandwidch (As in sliced meat, not an actual sausage) on small warbutons bread – Not ideal, but I wanted a change for a day.
If no drinks are mentioned it means I just drank water. Which again, even when not dieting I drink water most of the time anyway.

I've already lost 9lbs and my goal is only 7lbs so I should be fine. 9lbs in 5 days seems insane, but I've been really busy and probably eaten less than I should have.

I read that it's mainly water you lose but I wish I wasn't going to the toilet 3 times a night, but I guess that means I'm doing it properly.

So regarding my diet I have a comments.

I know I've not been eating much, but when I do only have 1 meal I tend to eat snacks, like onions/carrots/jelly etc.
Yes I know, always chicken. But chicken and fish are the only meats I cook at home, even when I'm not on a diet. So my favourite meat being good for the diet is perfect. I've bought some veggies today along with a steamer and some new potatoes for some variety.
Sugar Free Jelly - How amazing is that stuff... I must be missing something because it seems like the perfect snack with the amount of calories/carbs/fat in a packet being so low.

Last edited:
Anon1986 said:
Hi, I'm going for the Gastric Warp (plication) on the 13th so I thought I'd share my diet and check if I'm doing it right.

I'm on 14 days low cal/fat diet. Limited to 1000 calories daily.
I've been keeping a note of every item I eat, so I'll just paste the text in, might be a bit unformatted as it's coming from my notepad.

January 30th - Start Pre-Op Diet.

Breakfast:

2 yummy tablets:
-1x1000mg Milk Thistle - Next time I'm going to buy capsule ones, these literally taste like dog biscuits.
-1x20mg Omeprazole - Precautionary to prevent/solve undetected stomach issues.
A bowl of Fruit & Bran with semi skimmed milk.

Dinner:

1 fresh chicken breast sliced and grilled. (<3 the foreman)
Small amount of pasta with some tomato.

Supper/Snack:

1/2th box of pringles as they where left in the cupboard and I hate to be wasteful :(. I know, amazing start to the pre-op diet but there is no other naughty food in my flat so let's be naughty and not tell anyone...
1/5th punnet of Grapes for supper, love grapes :).

Drinks: 1 glass of Orange squash

January 31th - 2nd day of Pre-Op Diet.

Breakfast:

My 2 usual pre-op yummy tablets.
1 bowl of Kellogs Crunchy Nut - Semi Skimmed Milk. Bit sweet for a diet breakfast, but it was a small bowl.

Dinner:

1xFresh chicken breast - grilled.
1xPasta with tomato, I did too much pasta though. 4

Tea:

1xFresh chicken grilled
100g plain rice

Snacks:

Had 2 raw carrots, 1 banana.

February 1st - The 3rd of day pre-op diet.

Breakfast:
Usual 2 yummy tablets
Small bowl of Crunchy Nut

Dinner:

Grilled chicken breast
Pasta

Snacks:

2 servings of jelly and a few pickled onions

Estimated calories 700

February 2nd - The 4th day of pre-op diet.

Breakfast:
Usual 2 yummy tablets
Bowl of bitesize shreddies

Dinner:

Grilled chicken breast
1xUncle Bens Basmati Rice - I did have the entire packet :(. But, I ended up skipping lunch due to work and was hungry. Still sub 1k calories.

Snacks:

2 bowls of sugar free jelly and some pickled onions.

February 3rd - The 5th day of pre-op diet.

Breakfast:
Yummy dog biscuit tasting milk thistle and the other one ;)
Bowl of bitesize Shreddies

Dinner:
Garlic sausage sandwidch on small warbutons bread - Not ideal, but I wanted a change for a day.

If no drinks are mentioned it means I just drank water. Which again, even when not dieting I drink water most of the time anyway.

I've already lost 9lbs and my goal is only 7lbs so I should be fine. 9lbs in 5 days seems insane, but I've been really busy and probably eaten less than I should have.

I read that it's mainly water you lose but I wish I wasn't going to the toilet 3 times a night, but I guess that means I'm doing it properly.

So regarding my diet I have a comments.

I know I've not been eating much, but when I do only have 1 meal I tend to eat snacks, like onions/carrots/jelly etc.
Yes I know, always chicken. But chicken and fish are the only meats I cook at home, even when I'm not on a diet. So my favourite meat being good for the diet is perfect. I've bought some veggies today along with a steamer and some new potatoes for some variety.
Sugar Free Jelly - How amazing is that stuff... I must be missing something because it seems like the perfect snack with the amount of calories/carbs/fat in a packet being so low.

Where are you having your op. I am having a wrap on 13th in Prague with BBC

well it gets better as the days go on :) but be careful with guessing cals and the chicken and fish are great :) the pre op diet is terrible because you still have the full size tummy :( try not to eat pringles or garlic sausage butties what about lean ham and cottage cheese on ryvitas x well done on the loss :)

well it gets better as the days go on :) but be careful with guessing cals and the chicken and fish are great :) the pre op diet is terrible because you still have the full size tummy :( try not to eat pringles or garlic sausage butties what about lean ham and cottage cheese on ryvitas x well done on the loss :)

Poor excuse, but the Pringles where just left over in the kitchen and seemed like a waist. I bought them the day before me pre-op as a last treat, but I didn't feel like eating them then *_*. The garlic sausage I checked the calories on, the sandwidch was 420. Was really filling and I needed the change. Bit more fat than I'd like on my pre-op but as a one off it didn't seem too bad.

Seems a bit tricky to measure the calories correctly when buying fresh unweighed chicken and using raw pasta :/. I only use 1 fist full of pasta with my meals though. When not on a diet I'd use triple that.

I didnt follow the diet as I was worried it wouldnt shrink my liver sufficiently so I went ultra low carb.
Double check it via email with Michael, he'll let you know :~)

i don't want to sound like a know all or anything :) did they not give you a pre op diet sheet with weights etc also i use a site called calorie count and put everything i eat and drink in there it adds everything up for you and tells you how much fat etc you've had :) you can tally up exercise and all sorts of things x i'm sorry if you already know this but i didn't and i don't have an i phone etc so can't do it on there :)

I should have phrased my dinner better, was a garlic sausage slice sandwich. As in sliced meat, not a fried sausage :)

Well dun good luck ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back