• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie on board

Golden girl

Hi I am a newbie looking for information, I have just been referred by my gp for weightloss surgery. I am really nervous about what to expect and don't want my friends or family to find out either(its a long story and maybe I'll explain at a later date). I think I being reffered to the heartlands so would love to hear from anyone that can give me some advice or just a friendly shoulder to lean on.

Ax xx x

Hello there!
Welcome aboard hun xxx There are many of us in that kind of situation and usually family and friends are only aware of WLS in the press (which is usually badly reported) hopefully reading around the forum here you can arm yourself with the actual facts about each surgery and reassure yourself and your loved ones x

Hi Goldengirl and welcome to WLsurgery.com

Are you in the bham area then? Theres a few of us around and heartlands have a support group that meets monthly that you might find interesting. its on a wednesday at 6.30pm -I'll try to find the date of the next one for you.

Hope you find your way around the site Ok, but if you get lost give me a shout x

yes sam I in b'ham - Weoley Castle don't know whether you it. I am in the early stages of the process but have diabetes and sleep apnea thats why i've been refered doc said meds arent working and this is only chance. I am a bit scarred to be honest and am looking for some help in what to expect.

Am looking for people to add me on facebook too Amanda Gough add me please.

Hi and welcome!! You have found a great forum everyone is so helpful and you will get lots of great help and advice. :D

Hi Mandy
Welcome, I only found this group a few days ago and have found Everyone to be very friendly. This site has lots of useful advice and is so inspirational with lots of success stories and helpful advice x

Hi golden girl this site is a wealth of knowledge im on the long road myself but i visit the site a lot the atmos is great from the girls n guys :)

:welcome2: xxx

Back