• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nhs Tummy Tuck advice

Hey all, i did post in newbies about an upcoming op ( hernia repair, nothing exciting!) and i had my pre op today where i asked about the excess skin, which is alot (i think) and will be even more after surgery. My pct (devon) does not routinely do tt operations. U have to be an extreme case to be allowed one. Now the doc said i should wait 6 months then go to my gp and request a referral for a tt. I've had 5 kids by c section, almost 2 hernia repairs and this upcoming one will prob be the one they remove my tummy button altogether. I am down about the way i look, lost 6 stone now which the doc said would really boost my chances, i've given up an 18 yr smoking habit and done it all by myself. What do i do as a first step for those who have done it before? The doc made it sound so easy, get funding, get 2 doctors to agree u need it, wait for appointment for operation. Now even i know it's not that easy! Must see gp anyhoo as i keep getting skin flap infections and reLly bad backache :( how long did it take those who had an nhs tt to get it start to finish? Roughly?

I saw my gp and asked for referral the end of September 2010, I got an appointment with the plastics in October 10, was told I needed my bmi to be 25 it was 27, I managed to do this by Xmas 10 and was put on the waiting list, I had a fluer de leyes tt in march :). Nothing was mentioned to me about funding so I didn't ask lol

Hope you get what you want, but remember even if they say no the first time keep trying

Thankyou for your reply. :) that didn't sound like u waited uber long then? I just really want to at least start the referal process in case it takes ages. Can u really apply again if they say no?

Back