• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tummy Tuck, 10 days post op

Bubbles8504

HI all,

Well it's now been 10 days since TT & i'm still feeling good, my back is aching a bit from not being able to stand up straight but i'm nearly there.

About 6 days after the op my tummy started to swell a little which was quite dissapointing as i was so excited a few hours after the op when they checked my wound & i had a flat tummy, something i haven't had since i was 9 yrs old, i'm now 35.
I went for my first dressing change at the hospital yesterday & they said that the swelling is just fluid under the skin & that it is normal, they tried draining it using a needle but said that the fluid builds up in pockets so they were able to drain any at that time so i'll have to go back next Friday so they can have another look.

Despite the swelling i was chuffed to bits today when i put on a pair of SIZE 10 skinny jeans & even more pleased when i got on the scales & i'm now 5 lbs down since morning of the op.

Oh yes forgot to mention before, they removed just under 6lbs of skin from my tummy.
I weighed myself 2 days after op when i got home & was gutted that even after 6lbs taken off scales stayed the same apparently what with all the medication, swelling & lack of excercise this is normal albeit very dissapointing.

While at the dressing clinic they cleaned up my wound & said it was healing very well, i finally got to see what it was like, wow the scar is so faint hardly red at all, there's a little bit of puckering on either hip but it's only small & i'm sure that will sort it'self out. (not dog ears) thank god.

I'm now at last able to shower everyday if i so wish which was music to my ears, no more knealing in 6 inches of water trying to wash my necessities.

What else erm, oh yes getting in & out of bed now is not a problem i no longer bash my hubby on the head everytime i yank myself up right using the headboard. but i'm sure he gets his own back while tossing & turning all night clobbering me every now & again, it's become quite a routine me shouting ow & him saying sorry while both half a sleep. he still swears blind he didn't move all night.lol.

Well thats all i can think of for the mo, hopefully swelling will go down abit soon, & my muscles will ease up a bit tummy tight a drum inside but still a little tender.

I feel very lucky to have been granted funding & was willing & ready to go through any pain afterwards, thankfully i've haven't had any at all.

Back