• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No going back - out with the old ...

Aah, that's so nice of you :D

I'm kicking myself for buying so many new clothes on holiday in the USA in May, a mere MONTH before my surgery! I must have been mad, as nothing bought then now fits me. I bought a beautiful blue blazer and it looks terrible on me now - will be a nice surprise for whoever acquires that from the charity shop, as I've only worn it a few times. Ditto a size XL maxi skirt which actually fell off me last week!

Perhaps I just didn't want to let myself believe that THIS TIME, it will work and so I was in denial ...

I'm now in the habit of keeping a bin bag on the go at all times and chucking stuff in it as and when I try something on and find that it swamps me; then, once the bag is close to full, off it goes. It's a shame we can't organise a meet cum swap shop on here - I bet everyone would have something to donate that would fit someone else!

It's my hubby that's having difficulty getting his head round me buying clothes. I'm the practical miserly one. I'm going on holiday in 4 wks time and I begrudge buying loads of warm weather holiday clothes for only two weeks wear so I am planning on buying 4 elasticated skirts (i can take them in as i slim) and a couple pairs of cheap leggings which I can wear afterwards with a variety of cheap tops. Hubby on the other hand wants me go buy more expensive stuff....ermmm no!

This would be an ideal time for me to learn to make my own clothes. I have always wanted to learn and had a very expensive sewing machine that I use for sewing accents on my handmade stationery.

I have just given a ton of clothes to charity because I am also determined that once surgery is done and dusted, I am never going back. I have about 3 outfits left.

Making your own clothes is simple enough, & you can get differing levels of simplicity for beginners upwards.
However I'd caution you to buy from charity shops etc to start with & pick up patterns you like & any fabric they have in them to, ready to make your new clothes once you get to the maintainence weight as you will be altering them constantly.

Well folks, the search for the new size 18 sturdy swimmie for Aquafit continues ... Have been wearing one I bought in May which is size 24 and hopelessly huge now so any 'control' element is non-existent! I have bought nine in the last week in various size/colour/design/price combos ... And am in danger of re-buying as my head is 'buffer full'. Taking five back tomorrow, three already returned yesterday, holding onto one which I quite like pending collection of one more on Friday! Man, what a palava, and I'll being doing it all again when I'm a 14 probably. Can't wait.

Tackled the bra drawer today. Crammed tight with all the 42D underwire-ness, accumulated over recent years. Now empty - apart from three new 40D neat (in comparison) memory foam balcony T-shirt bras.

Drawers drawer next m'thinks! ;-)

Yes, l have been getting rid of everything, l have recycled them and get 50p a kilo, so far have made £65, to go towards my new wardrobe!

It's fantastic isn't it? I've challenged myself to get all of my clothes in one wardrobe before buying anymore. I've bought new bras and nothing else yet. Oh, except a sequinned jumper I couldn't resist and a dress for a night out this weekend! Really am trying to restrict myself until weight loss slows down. I'm just listing some of the new/newish clothes I have on eBay and bagging some more worn ones for charity. I'm keeping my winter clothes though because I might be ok with some if layered. It feels so good knowing I don't have to save any clothes "just in case". This is it, no turning back.

Anyone else gone up in cup size bra wise?

The advantage is l am getting rid of large clothes and they of course weigh more!

Yep went from a D to an F :(
Due new bras so hopefully get re measured on Sunday I will keep you posted

Wish I had - used to be a 48B - imagine how hard it is trying to find a bra in that size:eek:

Now probably a 44AA - oh well - can't have it all!:D

Yes! Actually gone from a 46C to a 38DD - so far! Didnt have biguns to begin with, and haven't really lost much off them.

Back