• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not been given a pre-op diet?!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
OK so im all booked in for the 14th..yay....but have been told i dont need to have a specific diet..just eat 'healthy' from 5 days before....eh?!

havent received any info in post yet....but is this because my BMI isnt over 40....dont wana jepordise my surgery but dnt wana really do the milk diet if its not necessary....

anyone else not been given a diet pre surgery

im with Helathier WEight

TIA

I was given a pre op diet to reduce liver size which was low carb/fat and less than 1000 cal per day, my bmi was also under when I started it.

Fingers crossed it should come through with your paperwork.

thanks guys...so noone here has been told to 'just eat healthy'!!??!

Good luck on your journey and I always seem to feel that if in doubt always check back with your provider if unsure, it's only a phone call and worth just double checking things out, keep us posted and all the very best to you... will be thinking of you... xxx

I've heard of this happening before although i cant give advice as im still pre-op and still on my waiting list, but ive heard of this, i think it just depends on your surgeon/bmi/surgerychoice/overall health issues, try not to worry im sure they know what theyre talking about but if you are really worried call and double check :D

Good luck for your op youll soon be on the loosing side yaaay!!!

xx

I would phone your team to check what you are supposed to be doing, We all had the pre op diet to shrink the liver does you procedure require this?

My surgery is in 11/12 weeks, and I haven't been told to do a specific pre-op diet, just to be sensible and lose 5kg between now and then.
x

I had to lose the 5% and as you are having a bypass you will be on a pre op diet as you need to shrink your liver, I am sure you will be told at your next appointment what and when you should be doing different things x

i will wait for the paperwork to come through and then give her a call nearer the time...she did mention a pre op diet at the consultation..but i rmbr WLS group told me i wouldnt need to do one pre gastric band.....

but like u guys said will double check nearer the time...thought others on here might be like yeah we didnt do it either but doesnt seem the case hey!

Hi I didnt do a pre op diet prior to band, my bmi was 35. I chose to do slim fast for three days leading up to surgery! x

Hi I didnt do a pre op diet prior to band, my bmi was 35. I chose to do slim fast for three days leading up to surgery! x

snap....paperwork said just to do low cal/low fat diet.

might do slim fast to be on safe side...yumm choc milkshake!

jojo how has it been for u as i see u had the band only 12 days ago...how u feeling...any weight loss....how is it going?

magicbeans said:
snap....paperwork said just to do low cal/low fat diet.

might do slim fast to be on safe side...yumm choc milkshake!

jojo how has it been for u as i see u had the band only 12 days ago...how u feeling...any weight loss....how is it going?

It's been great! Still on fluids but have to admit iv started to bulk it up a bit! Since my surgery I have lost a stone - stalled at the mo but I think my body is waiting for me to be bad (it ain't gonna happen!) :)

It's been great! Still on fluids but have to admit iv started to bulk it up a bit! Since my surgery I have lost a stone - stalled at the mo but I think my body is waiting for me to be bad (it ain't gonna happen!) :)
bloody hell WOW!
i worry that u guys get these reults but i will be the freak that doesnt! :eek: ive always sucked at sticking to being good.....i know everyone says if u r like that then u should have the bypass not the band....but my BMI isnt that high for a bypass and also told at 30 its too ealry to have one...iykwim!

its good to hear how u r getting on as ur stats seem to be similar to mine

the thought of doing any sort of diet pre op seems too much at the mo...i just been on a healthy eating stint and now on the bad bit again..wish i could buckle down!:copon:

Back