• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

now im looking forward to it!!

brad scott

First of all only a couple of weeks ago i was so scared about having a gastric bypass i have had so many positive comments regarding surgery i am now looking forward to it was went shopping yesterday and for the first time in years and years i started looking at fashionable clothes lol a couple more questions how long is the gastric band surgery and where is the best place to go to buy measuring cups and things like that
Brad x

Brad you mention the band and bypass???Think you meant bypass if you mean how long in hospital-3 nights!

Brad why do you need measuring cups love?
I use small 'Chinese soup bowl' style dishes and tea plates small ones) to control my portion sizes. Other than that, your best measuring device is a tablespoon, get one in any decent cookware store - Lakeland if you have one will be a good bet.

I also use a child's size knife and fork so that I don't eat too much in one mouthful.

Also get yourself some small plastic containers with lids from the baby-ware food section of your local supermarket. They're very useful for storing small portions in the fridge.

I'm glad to hear you're beginning to look forward to your bypass. I think the best way to go is to actively embrace your new life-style.
Go for it!
Grace xxx

sorry my typing isnt the best im having a bypass thank you grace will get those things it isnt long now i go in on the 8th of march and have my op on the 9th i have just purchased weight loss surgery cookbook for dummies and i have ordered return to slender have any of u guys used these books and found them helpful.
Brad x

Brad i personally wouldn't have brought the weight loss cookbook for dummies as i think it's USA based, but return to slender is excellent, my hubby has cooked for me from it once...

As for the pots Grace mentioned, you'll pick them up a darn sight cheaper in Poundland or Wilkinsons than you would in mothercare....

I use a normal side plate for my meals and a regular bowl for cereals etc...

Just remember when you are eating go for protein first then veg and finally carbs if you have room...

Most important thing post op is to get your fluids in. Please don't treat your vitamins or calcium supplements lightly, these are very very important xx

Back