• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O.M.G !!!!! I now have a date and im terrified and excited all at the same time

deeby

OMG !!!!!!!!! i rang the hospital yesterday and they said it would be at least until Oct/ Nov until i got my op and then today they rang me and said i can choose a date in Sept :O, ive chosen the 23rd Sept as im away in Aug and will need to do the two week liver shrinking diet which would not be easy while on holiday .
I felt so down yesterday when they said it wouldnt be until Nov now im really really pleased but at the same time im actually scared stiff !!
All i keep thinking is 'what if i die' i know its silly but its nagging at the back of my head and im absolutely terrified ,
I feel fully informed and prepared for the downsides of the op, ie: total change in diet and hair loss etc, (thanks to everyone and all the info on this forum xx) but im still soooooo very scared of it all .

Nerves are totally natural! Pretty much everyone has exactly those thoughts going through their minds before it all happens. Usually those fears are totally unfounded as you can see by reading everyone's experiences already. Well done for scheduling the op to give you a better chance at succeeding with the pre-op..time will fly by so make sure you swot up on everything by asking questions and searching this forum for lost of fab insight. You will be fine and soon on your way to that gorgeous new figure xxxx

OMG !!!!!!!!! i rang the hospital yesterday and they said it would be at least until Oct/ Nov until i got my op and then today they rang me and said i can choose a date in Sept :O, ive chosen the 23rd Sept as im away in Aug and will need to do the two week liver shrinking diet which would not be easy while on holiday .
I felt so down yesterday when they said it wouldnt be until Nov now im really really pleased but at the same time im actually scared stiff !!
All i keep thinking is 'what if i die' i know its silly but its nagging at the back of my head and im absolutely terrified ,
I feel fully informed and prepared for the downsides of the op, ie: total change in diet and hair loss etc, (thanks to everyone and all the info on this forum xx) but im still soooooo very scared of it all .
smiley_faces.jpg
Yipee.gif

It's a stupid person who wouldn't have these thoughts running through their heads. We've all had them and we've all been fine....

Look forward to your holiday and the rebirth of the new you in September xxxx

i know what you mean, it's a mixed emotion, and as the time gets nearer the more it plays on your mind, be strong your be fine it;s a normal process hun

thanks everyone for your messages, the thing is it doesnt matter how nervous i am , im still gonna go for it .... wooo hoooo cant wait to be on the losers side :D xx

goodluck deeby xx

It's a stupid person who wouldn't have these thoughts running through their heads.

I have to disagree; it's a stupid person who is more worried about a <2% mortality rate for WLS rather than the extremely high mortality rate for saying severely obese.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a little bit of nerves but the way I see it, barring an accident or being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as I am at the moment my cause of death will be obesity related.

I can either continue my existence overweight, which consists of getting out of breath walking up the stairs, feeling tired all the time, getting every virus under the sun and basically not being able to get very far from my house or I can accept the small (but real) risk of surgery and potentially come out of the other side of it being able to walk, exercise, do things with my step-kids, start my own family, go on holiday without needing to be transported from the aircraft in an electric car, etc.

Regards, Ade.

Hello Ade

Alot of ppl on this site who have wls worry about this kind of thing (i.e not waking up etc) and as most know about the percentage of this could happen doesnt stop ppl worrying about it - It does not make them stupid , just human.

All the best - MeJulie

Well done for gettingyour date, it will be on you before you know it, so try not to worry, all will be fine.

Alot of ppl on this site who have wls worry about this kind of thing (i.e not waking up etc)

No point in worrying about not waking up as you would never know! :)

I perhaps wasn't clear in the above post, I wasn't saying that it's stupid to have concerns about impending surgery, it's stupid to get yourself completely worked up about it. If you're that afraid of surgery, don't have it and die from a heart attack, stroke or some other obesity related health issue.

To me it's an absolute no brainer: sit and do nothing, therefore allowing myself to due by an obesity related health issue or disregard the fear and try to live a normal life. The only person who could stop me going ahead with WLS would be my consultant; if he felt it was way too risky then I'd do whatever was necessary to reduce that risk and try the surgery later.

Regards, Ade.

I have to disagree; it's a stupid person who is more worried about a <2% mortality rate for WLS rather than the extremely high mortality rate for saying severely obese.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a little bit of nerves but the way I see it, barring an accident or being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as I am at the moment my cause of death will be obesity related.

I can either continue my existence overweight, which consists of getting out of breath walking up the stairs, feeling tired all the time, getting every virus under the sun and basically not being able to get very far from my house or I can accept the small (but real) risk of surgery and potentially come out of the other side of it being able to walk, exercise, do things with my step-kids, start my own family, go on holiday without needing to be transported from the aircraft in an electric car, etc.

Regards, Ade.

No point in worrying about not waking up as you would never know! :)

People are just anxious and frightened about not seeing their loved ones again.

I perhaps wasn't clear in the above post, I wasn't saying that it's stupid to have concerns about impending surgery, it's stupid to get yourself completely worked up about it.

People cant help the way they think/ feel

If you're that afraid of surgery, don't have it and die from a heart attack, stroke or some other obesity related health issue.

Thats not a very positive thing too say Ade , people are naturally afraid of what they cannot control, if people adopted your way of thinking about 95% of the people having wls wouldnt go ahead with it .

Thats not a very positive thing too say Ade , people are naturally afraid of what they cannot control, if people adopted your way of thinking about 95% of the people having wls wouldnt go ahead with it .

The best thing about living in Britain is that I don't have to agree with you and vice-versa. Of course people are afraid of what they can't control - it would be bad if they weren't but death is certain, it's just a case of how it's going to happen.

The chances of dying as a complication of surgery are minute compared to the chances of dying from an obesity related illness. Given a choice of trying to do something to shift the weight or collapsing one day in a shopping centre clutching my chest and gasping for air because I didn't go ahead with surgery and just had a massive heart attack, I'd rather try to shift the weight.

Using your own point about being worried about their family, what happens if you have a stroke and your husband has to feed you for the rest of your life? The stroke may have been entirely preventable by having that operation.

Call it fate, karma or whatever but when it's your turn, you're dead. This isn't meant to scare anyone off, it's meant to be a wake up call. Obesity kills. That's a simple fact.

Weight Loss Surgery is not without risks. This should have been explained at everyone's very first appointment but when you look at the risk of death from surgery verses the risk of death for obesity related compliations it's a really simple decision to make.

Please don't feel that I'm in any way disrespecting you by having a different opinion because I'm not, I'm simply stating the facts. Everything in life has a risk associated with it. You're taking a risk everytime you get in your car, cross the road or engage in physical activity.

Regards, Ade.

The best thing about living in Britain is that I don't have to agree with you and vice-versa.

I was not expecting you too agree with me, I was just airing my views thats all

Please don't feel that I'm in any way disrespecting you by having a different opinion because I'm not, I'm simply stating the facts.

I don't feel your disrepecting me, everyone it entitled to their opinion, and lets face it , it would be a dull world if everyone thought the same, but I just thought your comments were harsh thats all .

Everything in life has a risk associated with it. You're taking a risk everytime you get in your car, cross the road

I totally agree with this

All the best - MeJulie x x

Back