• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain and funny noises

hellium

Had my banding on 19 December so am a good 10 months in and have lost 27% of my excess weight so am very happy. Had my second refil a couple of weeks ago, did my week on fluids, week on purée and then back to normal about a week ago. However this week, was woken in early hours of Wednesday with severe pain. Nothing would take edge off pain. Spoke to my bariatric team who thought I may have irritated my oesphegus, and to go on fluids again for a week. Pain just got worse and my sister ended up calling an ambulance. I was put on gas and air and morphine. A&E agreed with bariatric team.

The pain went again, but then came back. Hurts more if I'm sitting or lying on side, and only morphine or co drydamol will take the pain away. I've also noticed my stomach is making very strange gurgling noises today. Have not suffered with constipation by the way.

Has anyone else had this? And if so, have you managed to prevent it?
Xx

It 'sounds' like your band may be a little too tight.

Go back to your team and tell them what you have done and it hasn't worked. They may need to take a tiny bit back out.

I hope you get it sorted soon, nothing worse than being in pain xx

Thanks Mazza, they did offer to take some out but I've been eating normally for about 1.5 weeks, so it doesn't seem likely that it was too tight. This came on suddenly.

Back