• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Paramol - Can I take it?

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Hi again,

Does anyone know if I'm ok to take the painkiller Paramol (Paracetamol and Dihydrocodeine) after a bypass? Tonsilitus has really taken hold and paracetamol just isn't hitting the spot.

Thanks in advance,
Cuppa xx

Yup. This is what the doctor gave me after I passed out a few weeks ago and cracked my head open. It was the only thing that helped deal with the headache and pain from the stitches.

FL you are mine of information, thank you moocho! :D I hope your head is better now, sounds painful xx

Cuppa xx

I think this is something you should verify with a medical person rather than someone on an internet forum, no offence FL but there could be all sorts of reasons someone might not be able to take medication that they previously could. We're not in a position to have that information.

Just being cautious as it's not a standard OTC med ;)

Hi twiggie, thanks for your concern hun XX you are right, in am ideal world I should really make an appointment to see my gp but with it being the bank hol I didn't feel I could wait that long. Paramol is just an over the counter painkiller btw, no prescription needed.

Cuppa xx

Back