• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please help im 4 months out and going out on this saturday nite

brad scott

hey all i know in the past there have been huge rows on here regarding drinking alcohol i am 4 months post op and im going out saturday nite with my mates in my home town for the first time properly since my op i am happy to drink fruit juice etc but i was wondering if any of u guys have had a drink 4 months post op and how much have any of u been drunk or even a little tipsy i was never fussed with drinking but i did when i went out with my mates which was not often as now we all have kids and are married some advice would be great cheers xx

I dont drink much at all only if there is a do on!Not had alcohol yet but I would try one at home before you go out and see how you feel.Lager/wine are full of sugar and could make you dump,spirit seem to be ok its what to mix with it.Most go for vodka and cranberry or diet coke loads of ice and mix out the gas!Have a good night whatever you drink.!Maz x

Hi, I'm 3 mths out and I had two glasses of wine last weekend ;) naughty I know but it was a special occasion.... Anyway I can normally handle my drink but I felt the first glass and was on my way to squiffy on the second!!!!!
Anyway just be aware that it hits you alot harder and only have a little or you will know it xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Brad i had my first drink (i'd rather have a coffee to be honest, booze has never been a friend to me like food was/is) at about your stage (ish) and have to say i had a glass of wine and couldn't finish it, felt squiffy as someone else said...

Two weeks ago i went out and had a dbl rum n coke and felt squiffy after that too lol....

Personally if i was you i'd go for a nice long spritzer or a short with lots of mixer in. You can sip it, it won't overload your pouch with gas and you can pace yourself.

Enjoy yourself and remember don't think you can have 'one' and drive home because it will affect you differently than before xxx

thank you guys for your thought on this taboo subject i have never been a pint drinker or a drinker of anysorts really but when i went out i had vodka pineapple juice (not very manly i know) i just feel really scared about even having a really small one but i dont wanna alienate myself either thank u again xx

Hi brad, i am having my bypass on 3rd Aug. Does Mr Sigurdsson use the liver shrinking diet or not?Well done on your weight loss and whatever you sip on Saturday enjoy!!!!

maddie xx

Maddie1 said:
Hi brad, i am having my bypass on 3rd Aug. Does Mr Sigurdsson use the liver shrinking diet or not?Well done on your weight loss and whatever you sip on Saturday enjoy!!!!

maddie xx

I was bypassed by Mr Sigurdsson on the NHS at Princess Royal. He didn't give me a pre-op diet, but between my clinic Appt and surgery date (approx. 12 weeks) I was told to lose 5kg by eating healthily.
xXx

hey maddie yeah im the same as louanne he didnt give me a prediet i have to lose 5kg before my op hopefully will be the same for u as i here the milk diet is not nice xx

Thanks both. I have lost 7kg and he was really pleased with that and said iust carry on doing what I am doing so I am! I am confused why he doesn't ask us to do the milk diet? He-ho I am just happy to have my date, glad to see you both doing well.

Maddie xx

Hi Brad.

I am 14 weeks out. I had my first booze drink on Wednesday.

It was half a mild.

I have never drank it before but thought I would give it a try as its not very gassy. Ohhhhhh Mmmm it went down so sweet. I took my time and although I did feel a little quiffy when I finished, I was fine withing an hour :)

Jay

Back