• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help.....

Chickadee

Dear all
I'm an oldie bander (over 6 years ago) however have been experiencing a lot of central / left sided abdo pain. Was referred to the surgeons and am on the list for funding to have my port re sited as it's completely flipped and inaccessible. Has this happened to anyone and if so what's the op like? I'm due to have it under general (it's how my hospital do it) and wondered about recovery etc and how much time I'll need off work...... Also I need some help as to what to say to work colleagues as nobody knows I've got a band and I want to keep it that was as they're very judgemental. I also work with health professionals so it's hard to make something feasible up. Please can someone help me this is stressing me out so much!

Thanks, Chick x :eek:

Yep Blue Diamond and Buglady have had this done. As a day patient case (I think).

Could you say you need a laparoscopy - if you get signed off Im sure they can put something like abdominal surgery on your unfit to work note.

Good luck x

I haven't myself but saw a girl at the hospital I'm with when I went to get a port fill and she had the same thing and was waiting to get it re-sited. Think it's a fairly quick and easy day-case op and she seemed ok with it (more annoyed than worried *lol*)
I told people at work I was going in for "abdominal surgery including a hernia repair" when I got banded - I did actually have a hernia repair but is a great excuse to use ;-)

Back