• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please share your post op recipes xx

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
Hi guys,

I would love to make a scrap book of recipes for after the op. I'm sure the liquid stage won't be as bad if I had some really tasty soup recipes to have a go at. I'm not that good of a cook but thought I could have a go and maybe freeze some in ice cube bags for after. So please can you pass any of your fave recipes on :D

thanks, i will :)

I have been craving 'normal' food, so as I am still on the liquid stage I have made the following into soup.

Couple of spoons of mashed potatoes, some peas, gravy, milk, a couple of spoons of marvel and some low fat cheddar cheese. I have put them in a blender and blitzed them until completely smooth. It tastes Delicious, I feel more satisfied with that rather than attempting horrid slim fast and other shakes.

I have also been doing fruit smoothies which are also very lovely, milk, couple of spoons of marvel,a few spoons of fage yoghort plus fruit of choice. (I have used peaches, which have 2gms of protein each second only to avocados, strawberries and bananas) blitz in blender and then strain to get rid of pips. You might need to add some sweetener if the fruit is bitter.

I think these options are tastier and better for me than a concoction of chemicals in some of the other things.

That's great. It's exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. Would rather have homemade if I can. I see that some people like fage and stewed apple. Do you add sweetner when you stew the apple or leave it natural. Someone said everything is really sweet after xx

I think you have to see how it tastes and then add it, I made a strawberry smoothie and although theycwerecquite sweet with the yog it was a bit sharp for me so I added sweetener!

Thanks. I heard some people struggle with sweetners after. If its too tart with bramley apples ill prob use granny smiths xx

Bear in mins Scottie that each providers guidelines are different.

Oh thanks. Its easy to get confused. Apparently I will get a booklet when I see the nutritionist. I'm a few months of yet but i want to be as prepared as possible. I love oxo so that won't be a hardship for me xx

scottiebottie said:
yes i understand that some providers are differant but nobody goes straight from a bypass to pureed food !!

We at rakelane do :) only liquids while in hospital for 1-2 days. Once home straight onto purée. X

scottiebottie said:
and did u have a band or a bypass ?? never ever spoke to anybody who went straight onto puree foods within 2 days ?? maybe things have changed since u had yours done ??

I had a sleeve but the people who have had a bypass were on the same post op diet to me, some surgeons see no benefit to the liquid diet, mine being one of them. All's everyone can do is follow their advice of their provider. I had mine done 4th jan this year along with two other people who had bypass one the same day and another 2 weeks before me and we all had same post op diet. X

Back