• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Hunger Pangs

tticom

I'm just wondering if post op I'll feel as hungry as I do now?
I'm on the pre-op diet now and am starving.
I'll slowly go insane if I feel like this post op.
I'm having bypass on the 28th.

It varies but for me I had no interest in food for weeks.

Innards a band fitted 3 weeks ago and I don't feel hungry and when I eat because its a meal time I get full after a few mouthfuls. Have faith in yourself.

I'm almost 5 months post op and I still have no physical hunger. I never feel hungry, but I am starting to fancy certain foods. Head hunger is far worse than physical hunger.

Your relationship with food does change. Now though my smell has heightened somewhat when smelling food cooking. Have even began watching Food Network for tips and ideas etc.

I'm 5 days post op and only eat because I have too otherwise I wouldn't be fussed eating. It does get better. Keep focusing on your goal that's what got me through.

I'm a bander, and in the first couple of weeks post op didn't feel hungry at all, but then I didn't feel hungry after the first 3-4 days on my pre-op diet. However, around 4 weeks after having my band fitted and at the time of my first fill, I normally feel hungry because even now almost 6 months post op, I have yet to find restriction from my band. However in saying that, while I feel hungry, by making real careful choices about what I eat and when really helps.

Good luck to you!

I was starving 2 days in the hospital and they only gave me enough food for an ant to live off.

Next day..... Swelling started and wasn't hungry for 2 months and had to remind myself to eat.

Good luck!

Back