• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Tongue!

ejc1905

Six Month Post Op
hello all. Strange title I know!

I am 4 days past by band op & have noticed a problem with my tongue over the last couple of days.

It is coated in a white "gunk". It doesn't smell & brushes off when I rub my tongue. Each morning I use the tongue cleaner when I brush my teeth, followed by a mouthwash but within about 2 hours, its coated again & then a gradual build up occurs throughout the day.

Apologies for gross description, but I am trying desparately to make sure that this is normal? Please someone tell me they had a similar problem :eek: and what you did about it?

Hi I had this and it went away after a week I think maybe 2. I just kept brushing it away with my toothbrush and it eventually stopped coming back, I thought it was gross but I think its down to our new diet of liquids etc

Kate x

Yep, I am 7 days post op and have had this since day 2. Its disgusting.

I find the more I am able to drink, the less furry it seems to be. I think its to do with ketosis which means we are burning fat so not all bad. I think its something we just have to put up with until we are able to start eating and drinking more.

hi, i am ten days post op and mine is imoroving. at the very back where it is building up. Bear with it but yes i was advised it could happen and is normal.

Someone once said on here that as long as your tongue is furry and weird you are still healing, something about it being an indicator to whats happening in your body :) clever body

Eeew!

Back