• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Admission Dilemma

TrulySlim

Hi lovelies,

So I've finally got a date for my surgery 16th June 2014... Yayyy!!

Here's the issue I'm faced w/ now...

On my first initial appointment at the hospital I was 143. Something kilos, at my second appointment (last month) I was 137.8kg, currently I'm back up to 141kg :-(

It's been sooo annoying, I slacked for a couple of weeks and that is the result. My pre-admission is in two days, I dunno what they will say!!

I do believe that when I'm on the pre op diet I will hit my 5-10% again (130kg-136.5kg), do you think they will see it like that? Would it affect my surgery date?

Has anyone been in a similar position?

I was 128kg at my first appointment, at my pre assessment I was 136.8kg :(
I was told don't put on anymore as the surgeons don't like it.

After 2 weeks LSD i was down to 130kg then op cancelled, 2 weeks of milk diet has lost me a total of 2lb :cry: so I'm back on cambridge shakes until my new op appointment next week, see what I weigh then!

You will probably get a stern look & a telling off (at the very least) all areas are different though..... good luck :)

I hope they don't hold off your op! I was told here the NHS will cancel you for *any* weight loss. I don't know if it's the same there. But here they're very strict.

Thankfully, I went to my appointment and they didn't say anything. Just have to do pre-op for 3 weeks.... Phew!

you can lose weight just fine on the pre op diets, I am back to my original appointment weight now, my op is this Thursday (unless they get cancelled again)

Lucky escape Andie. I have seen a couple of folk get cancelled because they didn't achieve that 10% loss or gained. It's heartbreaking when it happens. Don't rely on the LSD to lose weight either not everyone does but granted most do just not everyone ;)

I agree Frankie! I have been on liver shrinking now since 7th April (apart from 3 days following first cancellation) & lost 2lb with the hospital suggestion of soup & yoghurt in most of that time it was heart breaking..... went back to meal replacement shakes & have lost 19lb in nearly 2 weeks.

The liver shrinking diets are just that!! to shrink the liver not necessarily to lose weight

My weight was all over the show between all my various pre op appointments but between my pre admittance appointment and surgery day with 2 weeks on the NHS slimfast diet I dropped 6kgs or so which they were happy about. It's about sticking to the diet and shrinking your liver, weightloss is secondary. Keep going, you're doing great! Not long now! X

when i had my op they used the original referral weight on my notes they didnt even check if i had lost or gained though at pre op appointment i had lost from the original referral weight

Back