• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet and Extra skin after?

bypass2012

Hey guys, had my pre op today all tests seem fine so just waiting for a op date to be sent. What is the actual liver shrinkage diet? What are u allowed/ not allowed??

Also, after the op is there any way of keeping excess skin to a min?

Thanks in advance :) xxx

My liver shrinking diet I done for almost 5 wks I lived on yoghurt and milk that's about it, I lost 3.5 stone and my liver was lovely the surgeon said, also with the skin everyone's differant my skin aunt terrible after loosing almost 11 stone but then I'm younger than some (they say ur skins more elastic wen young) iv joined the gym to tone up now, wish I did at the start would of helped more, the skin is a small price to pay for the weight loss though, I feel healthy can do lots more with my children the weight got on the way the skin don't x

Thanks :) that helps! I might try one meal a day the rest like slimfat or Somethin up until pre op?

I've been told My op will be within the next 12 weeks just waitin for a date so fingers crossed, just wan as much off as possible

I would just wait till your team tells you to start the liver diet hon.It will either be the milk diet ie milk and yoghurt or low carb one.
Two to three weeks is all you should be on this type of strict diet.If you were on it longer you would give up and fail to shrink your liver.Its the glycogen stores in the liver that make it so hard to move for surgery,to get at your stomach they have to lift the liver out of the way!Floppy livers are what they want!

Back