• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet ..(sorry more Q's!)

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
On the pre-op diet i will be having 3 yogurts and 2 pints of milk i think.

On this diet, can you have water, or squash, and use some of ur milk for coffee? (i dont have sugar in coffee)

On the pre-op diet i will be having 3 yogurts and 2 pints of milk i think.

On this diet, can you have water, or squash, and use some of ur milk for coffee? (i dont have sugar in coffee)

yes you have to keep your fluids up i think it 2ltrs of water a day but this will be for tea and coffee as well.
just be prepared with plenty of loo roll lol you will spend half your day wee'ing hehehe

Thanks. Thats good to know.

Im dreading the toilet bit tho, i go enough!!

on my pre op sheet its says '2 cups of oxo/bovril/marmite' aswell 'water,sugar free or low cal squash,tea,coffe and herbal teas without added sugar.' Aswell as the milk and yoghurts
HTH

Last edited:
hello.
i had to do the milk diet but after day 2 i really couldnt cope so i called my dietitan and she advised a 1000 calarie diet so i had a yogart for breakfast and lunch and 2 pieces of wholemeal toast i lost 10lbs and my surgeon said my liver had srunk and was very happy...hope this helps

yes you still need fluids as well as the milk, your body will conver the milk to food. I was on 3 pints milk, 2 mullerlights and an oxo cube PLUS 2 litres of free fluids that were sugar free and low calorie this included diluted fruit juice.

each Surgeon is different, but they do adapt them to a patients medical situation

thanks everyone xx

Hi just thought id bob in and say hi, as i am pre opp all the knollage i can find out the better.

tc xXx

Back