• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre opp's wot happens ?

rambo

leicester tigers
hi peeps with my pre opp's due on the 11th oct and my opp on the 28th oct, what exactly happens at a pre opp apointment i think i have a general idea but having never had one i would like to know what to expect genaraly i;m havin the opp at heartlands hospital
regards steve

Most pre-ops involve checking your heart and lung function (each hospital does this in its own way)

They will possibly take bloods, urine and MRSA swab.

Yes, I agree with cazbandy. I had an ECG, peak flow test for lung function, MRSA swab, full blood work up, plus saw the dietician, anaesthetist, bariatric nurse for admissions, then the surgeon. All routine stuff to make sure you are fit for your op. However, I am sure someone from your area will be along shortly to advise more specifically to Heartlands Hospital.

Hi there, I had my pre-op this morning and it was fine. A lovely nurse asked me lots of questions about my medical history and gave me a chance to ask lots of questions. She took my blood pressure and pulse and I had an ECG which just involved sticking little probes on my skin so they could check my heart was ok. I had to do a urine sample and a lung function test (just blow into a tube). They also wanted to take some blood but couldnt get it out of me so I have to go back tomorrow! It was fine though and I feel more informed now. Good luck with yours.

Back