• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein Shakes

JigglyPuff87

Hiya, I just had my band fitted 3 days ago and was told to go straight onto puree foods. I was looking on the internet for a few ideas for what to eat and saw a lot of people mention the protein shakes. Should i be having protein shakes? If so, which are the best ones and where from? :)

I think I just used slimfast , soups, porridge, yogurts etc. Adding cheese to mash to help with protein is good.
I also got some healthy steam to cook ready meals and mushed them up with a hand blender.
I found keeping the different components as separate piles of mush on the plate made it less icky!

I found keeping the different components as separate piles of mush on the plate made it less icky!

i did that too, made me feel like i was having a real dinner:8855:

Im not sure about bandits, but ive been advised to fill up on protein, veggies then carbs last. My provider also recommended that i have between 60-80grams of protein a day and since i cant eat much, a protein shake tackles most of my protein needs by providing about 30grams of protein in a shake (which i have for breakfast).

x

Maybe some low fat cheddar (like low low) grated, or some light philadelphia. You shouldn't worry overly about losing weight yet so much as healing.

Banders have to get protein down first and then veg and last if needed, low GI carbs. If you join us on the banders thread (under my signature) there are a couple other banders newly post op and you can swap notes as well as have us others keep an eye on you x

Back