• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein shakes

minxie

Can anyone recommend a protein shake? Or is there anywhere I can buy small sachets to test them? I've had Holland and Barratts own brand in Chocolate (can just about tolerate it if I add some flavoured coffee syrup to it) and Cookies'n'cream - made me gag:yuk: and I had to give it away!

I would like to use them to supplement my protein intake as i have definately noticed a better loss when I use them:)

ooh i hate even the look of protein shakes... would prefer to have a hard boiled egg lol xx

I use the PHD diet whey powder - chocolate orange flavour is blooming gorgeous!!! Its pricey but worth every penny!

I have got 72 bottles of fortimel for sale on ebay. The only sad thing is I can't ship them by couriers to anyone

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - I shall get ordering!

I do like boiled eggs too but they only have 6g protein whereas most shakes have several times more and less calories than 4 eggs lol;)

I needed to increase my protein intake so while shopping in Tesco i found they do ready made little bottles of chocolate and strawberry milkshakes. I dont know what they are like yet as i only got them last night. They contain about 25g of protein and 1.3g of fat.
Will update later when i have one, also bought some protein bars to try. Again i will let you know what they are like.

I needed to increase my protein intake so while shopping in Tesco i found they do ready made little bottles of chocolate and strawberry milkshakes. I dont know what they are like yet as i only got them last night. They contain about 25g of protein and 1.3g of fat.
Will update later when i have one, also bought some protein bars to try. Again i will let you know what they are like.

what make are they pls? and how many mls each bottle? I tried a 330ml bottle of summat I bought from sainsburys it had 30g protein but it was minging and took all day to finish it xx

what make are they pls? and how many mls each bottle? I tried a 330ml bottle of summat I bought from sainsburys it had 30g protein but it was minging and took all day to finish it xx
They are USN Protein Fuel 25
It has 25g of Protein
Will open one later and see if i can drink it :)

thanx let us no if they are nice pls lol am desperate for more protein but cant eat more than I already am but my hairs started shedding xx

I have noticed lately my hair is falling out more than normal, which to be honest is one of the hardest parts to this. I get married in 14 weeks and i want my hair :(
Have just opened the Strawberry shake, it has a slightly weird after taste but other than that its ok..... if it helps i will drink it :)

Thanx will look for them nxt time I'm in tesco.
I have just ordered Biotin and Silica online to help with my hair, they were mentioned on a few sites people said they didnt help with the hair loss but they helped the new hair come thru faster and in lovely condition. So thought I might aswell try. I am hoping the hair shedding dosent become noticeable its not at the moment and am petrified. When I mentioned to the surgeon how scared I was about losing my hair he said do you think it it was that bad so many women would go through with the op? So lets hope hes right and you have a fab wedding day with a lovely head of hair xx

Hello everyone :)

I am new here today, 6 years post WLS and I found this lovely website via google.

I have some of the problems associated with being quite a few years down the line post RNY WLS.
Repeated blood tests over a couple of years find me repeatedly lacking in iron, B12 and some amino acids.
So I am on the hunt for good protein shakes. And as they have to become a regular part of my lifestyle, I am looking for tasty ones!
I have tried adding pea powder (good protein provider) to soups but I have found this to be unpleasant.
I am also wondering if there is such a thing as a soy and dairy free shake as have intolerances to both; it's not easy.

What a fantastic source of information and experience this site it.

Rural-grl

Back