• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reality has hit home...

flowerofshona

Just realised my surgery is not far off now,it just hit home!!! I see the surgeon again on 17th Jan i will prob only have 3-4 weeks before my op :eek: with the pre op diet to fit in as well it will be all go and im scared whittless :cry: :cry:

Oh Dawn, that's all perfectly normal and you wouldn't be normal if you didn't feel this way. You are going to be a new woman and it's going to be fantastic. Can't wait till you're on the losers bench for you. I'm getting excited for you Lovely.

Kate x

oh bless you dawn, im going to be exactly the same, i just know it! its a shame they cant just spring it on us so we dont have time to think lol Its gonna be the start of a lovely slim, healthy you :) xxx

Reality kicking in is always shocking :) you know you will be fine, Dawn but we are only human & prone to these panics when things are drawing closer. It is what you have been looking forward to for so long, honey ... deep breaths. :) If you really need them you can get relaxation CD's which DO help calm your nerves. :wave_cry::wave_cry: xxx

That might be a good idea Twinkle :) i have pushed it to the back of my mind so much it was a shock to realise it was coming up so fast !

That might be a good idea Twinkle :) i have pushed it to the back of my mind so much it was a shock to realise it was coming up so fast !

I have a mask phobia & was terrified but because I got a last minute (6day) cancellation, I didn't have time to think about it too much :) but when I got to hospital I told the anaesthetist of my fear & he gave me a shot of something rather lovely before putting the mask on :) he is my new BFF, lol xxx

Thats where my fear has come from, my last op they scared me sooooo much with 2 anesthetic teams and not allowed a pre med by the time i got down to theatre hubby was holding me on the trolley !!! they had to let him come in and keep me calm whilst the knocked me out, thats why im so scared this time.

Last edited:
I have a mask phobia & was terrified but because I got a last minute (6day) cancellation, I didn't have time to think about it too much :) but when I got to hospital I told the anaesthetist of my fear & he gave me a shot of something rather lovely before putting the mask on :) he is my new BFF, lol xxx
good job u aint got sleep apnoea lol bless ya xxx

Thats where my fear has come from, my last op hey scared me sooooo much with 2 anesthetic teams and not allowed a pre med by the time i got down to theatre hubby was holding me on the trolley !!! they had to let him come in and keep me calm whilst the knocked me out, thats why im so scared this time.

Is it the same hospital? Make sure that when the anaesthetist comes to see you before your op, you tell him of your fears & what happened last time. It is not in their interest to have a patient scared witless on the table. Whatever my lovely anaesthetist injected into me made me so relaxed I think they could have operated without anything else. You MUST tell them though & you will be fine, I guarantee, honey xx :wave_cry:

Thats where my fear has come from, my last op they scared me sooooo much with 2 anesthetic teams and not allowed a pre med by the time i got down to theatre hubby was holding me on the trolley !!! they had to let him come in and keep me calm whilst the knocked me out, thats why im so scared this time.

oh sweetie..this time will be very different i bet....you have a pre op, and they talk to you, and you can tell them what your fears are...

you have waited for this for so long...its gonna be fine, xxx

Hunni , if I possibly can , work permitting , I'll be there with you , if you want .
xx

Had my surgery last week and it was very easy and not traumatic in any sense. I didn't get a mask until after everything went black with a shot. I woke up a few hours later and felt fine only a little pain. You will be fine darlin try not to worry.

Thanks all,
Im not worried about pain i have a very high threshold and can take that side its just getting me on the table and knocking me out as fast as possible! once im asleep they can re arrange my entire body im not bothered as long as they wake me up later and put it all back inside :D
You will have to sit on me Cheryl :p will ask for a pre med this time if possible it can't be good to be so stressed out prior to an op.

Thanks all,
Im not worried about pain i have a very high threshold and can take that side its just getting me on the table and knocking me out as fast as possible! once im asleep they can re arrange my entire body im not bothered as long as they wake me up later and put it all back inside :D
You will have to sit on me Cheryl :p will ask for a pre med this time if possible it can't be good to be so stressed out prior to an op.

You may want them to put it all back inside BEFORE they wake you up, sugar :eek: Wow that would be a stresser :wave_cry: If you are upfront about your fears, they will do everything they can to alleviate them :) Hope you are feeling abit better today, hon xxx

Just realised my surgery is not far off now,it just hit home!!! I see the surgeon again on 17th Jan i will prob only have 3-4 weeks before my op :eek: with the pre op diet to fit in as well it will be all go and im scared whittless :cry: :cry:

Hi Dawn,

I have my pre-op with my surgeon in London on the 16th -- feels almost unreal after a year on the waiting list. Am getting more and more nervous as the day approaches.

Best wishes with yours,
Sharon

Back