• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rough Day for Band Pre-Op

AndiB29

Well, today has been a rough day. That usually happens when my "normal" routine is broken.

We had snow and ice here in South Carolina that resulted in a half day of work for me. That would be ok except I couldn't walk and there are Oreos in the house. On a normal day, Oreos wouldn't be a big deal, but I was bored. I didn't even think about it. Just picked up four and ate them.

Tomorrow is going to be the same. We can only work a half day and there are still Oreos left. If my family wasn't staying with me right now, I'd just throw them away, but they are so that won't happen.

That's going to be another problem - because my family is living with me, there is food in that house that normally wouldn't be. I know I can't have it around or I'm going to want to eat it. And so close to my surgery now, but still kinda discouraged. :(

Rough day.

Just read you are having problems..argh comfort eating is a killer. I sympathise.
There's not much to be gained from worrying about the oreos that have already gone down though...and dwelling on them will only make it easier to go finish the rest....the old might as well get it out my system/all or nothing thinking.
I do it still and it's such a shame as it is frustrating to do well and throw it all away in a moment of weakness.
However, what you do most of the time counts, and if you have done well most days in the pre-op period, then that is what you need to focus on, rather than the odd mistake.
Focus on what you did right and think of all the things you are looking forward to when you get slimmer.
Get some sugar free gum to chew when you are giving others food..or let them fetch their own treats.

ditto what Neen has said. My oh has a really sweet tooth and is as thin as a rake, so there is always lots of nice things around, and it is really hard not to go ahead and stuff them.

I just keep telling myself that I should get my date this week and I don't want anything to get in the way of that.

Just draw a line on what has passed and start fresh. You've already lost some weight and lots more will come off after your surgery.

Not too long to wait now, just take each day at a time.

Last edited:
Hello :)

I agree with the others, you can't beat yourself over the oreo's you've eaten. Draw a line under it, todays a new day....

Now as for the rest of the days... Firstly i'm guessing your family are visiting to see you and not the goodies you have in your cupboard? Bin the oreo's and any other badness you can eat. Get yourself down the shops and get some lovely sugar free jello, beautiful fresh fruit and nice things to eat. If they want to eat rubbish they can take theirselves to the shops buy it, eat it and come back to you....

Seriously if you explain to the family why you haven't got these lovely things in the house to eat they will understand i'm sure xx

I know it's tough..I've slipped..had a glass of wine..going straight from having everything to having nothing is almost always setting yourself up to fail..

It's only 4 oreos and the less deal you make of it to yourself,the more you will be able to resist it next time, you are only human and it happens to the best of us so please don't beat yourself up over it

Maybe pack everything the family eat into a naughty cupboard and just try to avoid that one altogether? I've got my flat mate to hide all the pringles from me no I'm not tempted!

I'm with everyone else on here, mark a line in the sand and focus on the positives for a fresh day

L xx

Thanks everyone! Was just one of those realization days. I know today is going to be better. Good night's sleep, feeling good and strong willed.

Each day is my opportunity to pro e why this is best for me. Time to do it again! :)

Yeah! Started my day with positive thinking and had a positive day!!

So no slips today and no un-needed stress. :) Unfortunately there is still lots of snow and ice so I haven't gotten to walk in the last two days so I'm missing that. I walk with 3 ladies at work who are wonderful and supportive of everything I'm doing.

I'm starting to get a little nervous with the surgery coming up in 16 days. More nervous about the mental fight that will happen after than anything else.

How did you get thru that?

the mental side is hard but there are ways to beat it i have other people in house so i change what i buy them i cant eat cake type stuff so i buy that for them as i know one outhfull and im gona suffer if you change foods like this while your mentally struggling to no think about food after a while you wont even be interested in it

Things are going great! My goal was to hit 250 lbs before my surgery and I DID IT!!!!! Yea!!!

I'm not nervous about the surgery, but still a little nervous about all the struggles after. I know that's the hard part about making the decision to have this surgery.

Since last April I've been waiting for this to happen, and now it's here. I wonder if I could have tried harder to lose the weight on my own. I know that years of diets and trying to lose weight have not worked. I want to live my life like I am meant to live it. I do not want to be embarrassed by my looks anymore. I don't want to worry about having to buy two plane tickets because I don't fit.

This is what I want. No matter what my nerves are saying right now.

Back