• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Seromas after tummy tuck?

Buttonmoons

Hi everyone - new here :)

I recently had a tummy tuck done on the NHS - on the 16th of May. It went perfectly, no problems. Healing great - well the scars (around belly button and hip to hip)

My issue is my left side keeps filling with fluid (seromas) - I've had it aspirated twice and it badly needs done again as it's pretty uncomfortable and I look pregnant on one side! The hold it all in knickers seem to give me a more rounded look and I'm feeling rather ugly at the minute.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so how long it took for it to settle down and stop filling? I had 120mls removed the first time, last Friday 300mls came out, and I think there is even more this time :(

Hi Buttonmoons - commented on your other post and then saw you'd already had your TT done.

My consultant mentioned Seromas when I saw him and he was saying its really the luck of the draw. Some folk don't get anything but others have it repeatedly. What are they saying to you at the hospital?

Basically that it will go eventually, but in the meanwhile I go in every Friday to be aspirated. The volume is going lower though (yey!) and Im due back tomorrow and I do have a waterbed belly but it's not even half the amount as 2 weeks ago, so it is going in the right direction at least.

My incision actually opened in about 6 places on my right side, starting from right in the centre below the belly button - I was not happy - but with inadine strips it is reducing the size of the holes and scabbing it up - my body was spitting stitches - lovely!! so I'll not have the perfect scar I was hoping for but c'est la vie

Oh my goodness. How frustrating for you. Mind you at least going every week they will be keeping an eye on your healing progress. Sorry its not gone straight-forwardly for you. x

Only took 90mls out me on Friday - so definatley a massive improvement as it was over 300mls not long ago. The holes in my wound are healing and reducing in size, inadine strips are great!

Back