• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should I be doing more?

I'm pretty certain that this is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions, but I'm still asking it.

It's exactly a week since my surgery and I am still in quite a lot of pain - nothing severe, but definitely painful when I move - especially turning moving in bed. I also still have my normal back and knee pains (naturally - I didn't expect them to just disappear). Consequently, I'm not doing an awful lot more than pottering. I make sure that I walk about for at least ten minutes every hour. I've also been doing little things, such as cooking OH's meal tonight; loading dishwasher and washing machine etc. We have also just had a little walk around Barnes Pond (not very far - but better than nothing).

Do you think I am doing enough? I'm definitely not up to going shopping yet and I certainly couldn't drive.

Am I being a worrywart?

:wave_cry:

xx

Last edited:
Your only a week post op hun so please dont push yourself, listen to your body and you will no when it feels right to start doing a bit more etc.

i think your doing very well xx

Hey hun i havent had a sleeve done but didnt want to read and run:) I would like to think that your doing enough, might need to take it easy for a while tho, just make sure you drink plenty and take it easy its still a big op:)

Take care hun:)

Sharon xx

It sounds like you are doing great. At a week post op, I wouldnt have managed half of what it sounds like you are doing.

sound as if your doing ok to me. you can only do what your body lets you do. i'm three weeks post op and feel ok now, but i don't do any lifting at all.

your doing great! it was at least 2 weeks nearer 3 until i was free of pain.

I wouldn't suggest loading/emptying dishwasher/washing machine so soon after your op. Wet washing is very, very heavy and your tummy has been assaulted enough, with the surgery. Be easy on yourself, you will be back to normal but just take your time. Although you only have little wounds on the outside, your insides have been cut and stapled and need to be cossetted. Be good to yourself, hun.

Thanks everyone. I've decided to take it easy today as I'm actually feeling really sore. Husband is out until this evening, so I'm just going to do my pottering. I've had my protein shake (it actually wasn't too bad - the whey better powder blitzed up in the machine along with a liquid yoghurt drink).

Will stick to wandering around every hour but may treat myself to watching a dvd at some stage (with convenient walking breaks).

I'm actually finding this forum the most useful tool in all this. It is a constant source of reassurance and knowledge. xx

:553:Hi Tiaras, I had my RNY a week before you, I think you are doing fine, take it easy, I would leave the bending jobs for your other half, keep up with the pottering & walking. I still need pain killers at night, I found sleeping with a pillow supporting my tummy has been really helpful.
Bunny xx

:553:Hi Tiaras, I had my RNY a week before you, I think you are doing fine, take it easy, I would leave the bending jobs for your other half, keep up with the pottering & walking. I still need pain killers at night, I found sleeping with a pillow supporting my tummy has been really helpful.
Bunny xx
I've got a special panda shaped pillow that I use on to suppport my tum. My biggest problem at night is not being able to sleep on my back (I haven't been able to sleep comfortably on my back for donkey's years - not since I broke the base of my spine).

I have just been pottering today but have managed to start knitting again! I hadn't been able to do that since the op because I found the action was pulling on my tummy too much - don't really know why, but it did.

Happier with what I've eaten though - the bio synergy whey better powder has been ok in a shake and I've had sieved lentil soup - more protein. Yay!

xx

Back