• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sick to death of stage 1 liquid diet

nicky72

getting sick to death of liquid diet stage 1 as i dont like milk or anydrink that contains milk such as hot choclate ,horlicks ,olvaltine am on day 8 now and all im eating is yougart muller light and tomatoe soup heinz oh and i have had a little bit of custard has anyone started stage 2 early any tips for getting thru this time oh i had sleeve surgery by the way

Nicky, just stick with it. I know it's a bind, but it really is about you healing properly.

Don't rush things as it can be detremental later on.

Just keep thinking happy thoughts about the future and try and find something you like xx

yeah i'll second what Mix has said on this, the longer you can hold of the better and the better you will heal up inside, which in turn will make your transition to solids more smoother, stick with it, it will all soon be over and you'll be eating better foods soon.

thanks people i will stick with it as im scared il damage myself if i dont i just feel like screaming today people are eating all around me , my daughter just saat down next to me with an egg and bacon sandwich and i nearly ripped her head off i know its not their fault but i feel my family could have a bit more compassion i have been hiding in my bedroom to get away from them, im counting down the days till stage 2 which is next wed so not long

Stage 1 Food

Nicky I had a RNY Gastric Bypass and had quite a varied diet even on the liquid stage. I borrowed a blender (not a hand one) and blitzed lots of different things eg, weight watchers shepherds pie with oxo gravy added to it, I even had Turkey Curry over Christmas. Cauliflower cheese goes to a very thin liquid if you blend it enough. I don't know if the stages are different with the sleeve and the bypass, but I was getting very bored with my "slimfast" etc as I don't really like milk and one of the other people at my support group said this is what they had done

Hi Nicky, I agree with Mixman you really have to stick with it only 1 more week to go. Are you only on the liquids for 2 weeks? I had to be on it for 4. It's your head that wanted that bacon sandwich I guarantee you wouldn't be able to eat it. Where did you have your surgery done? Stay stronge you will be glad you did.

Jeanx

i had my surgery done at homerton i didnt want the bacon sarnie im just feed up with the same flavours but i sent my daughter to the shop and she has picked me up some different flavour yougarts ony another week and can start blending some normal foods mash and gravy with carrots and parsnips is going to be firstl

on my liquids stage i just hand blended real food and added stock and poured it through a little plastic tea strainer to it to make it a fluid :) was told it had to be the consistency that could be sucked through a straw....

The tea strainer is a great idea.... we found all sorts to put through it LOL.....

It might seem a drag at the time but it is well worth taking your time & not rushing things stage to stage... I know the feeling of wanting different flavours though.. LOL...

I had my bypass @ the Hommerton 5/12/09 so I've just started stage 3 now.... time soon passes hun... good luck with it... xx

thanks for your advice people im going to try beef and vegtables boiled then liquidize them to a soup consistancy il add a bit of horseradish for flavour

Back