• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve at Sunderland Royal help needed please

Lisa-Em

Hello,
I was referred by my GP to Mr Small in Nov '11. I attended the group seminar in January '12 and had an appointment in July '12 with the nurse and dietitian.
My appointment with Mr Small for Dec '12 was cancelled, and just re-booked for February.
I queried the waiting list times with the appointment department, who said that I'm looking at 6-8 weeks after the forthcoming February appointment for the camera, then a further 8 months after that for the op.
Is this right? Initially I was led to believe that I'd be looking at a June / July 2013 appointment.
Thanks in advance.

i hope not lol i go to tomorrow for the camera this is after 2 years of waiting between appointments the time scale is so long. i am hoping to know a little more tomorrow x

Good luck for tomorrow! How long did you wait for this appointment after your meeting with the consultant?

Hello
I had the camera 29th August and no date yet, despite harrassing the secretary weekly. I am told end of Feb but no date. So its a long long wait x

i was refered in sept 11 had seminar in dec 11 then nurse/dietician april 12 then a massive 10 month wait to my next appt which isnt til 6th feb,i was under the impression it was a 6 week wait for camera down then no longer than 6 month to opp

I wish I had been able to tranfer to James Cook or Sunerland, its been too long a journey and its hard to stay motivated, and I am near the end!!

Hello waiting time

4 may 2011 Seminar sunderland
Bloods done few weeks later
7 september 2011 – dietican sunderland given a target
12 march 2012 – consultant didn’t reach target given another chance told to come back in 3 months but appointment was for 8 months time and not 3!
November 26th 2012 - decided that I was to have bypass wait for endcoscopy
endoscopy 18/01/13 and put on the waiting list. told me today it would be aprox 6 months waiting. x

really long time to try and maintain and loose cos it is so long between appointments x

Kelly, I agree. I put on and then crash diet between appointments because they are so long. The North East need to align their services to reduce waiting lists, as Sunderlands is way longer than the others due to their experience. I have struggled between every appointment!

Back