• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So scared!!!!

Jess78

Hey guys,

Only 3 days till my bypass and I am starting to feel really nervous. I think my main thoughts are what if it all goes wrong or if my liver hasn't shrunk enough!! Have been on the 6 week pre-op diet and been almost perfect with the eating but this weekend I'm away and finding it so hard with the food options available. They don't seem to have healthy dinners!!!! :(

Its difficult, but hang in there. Find yourself a local shop and get hold of some food that you're allowed to eat and to avoid the foods that you shouldn't be eating . . .

Feeling scared is something so many of us feel . . .I wont say "dont worry" cos thats a waste of time and it wont stop you worring.

Hi Jess, I think the fear that our liver has not shrunk enough and that everything will go wrong is something we are all facing before surgery. I think also going away and being on a diet at the same time is impossibly hard. Good luck, you will be fine.

Good luck hun with the opp! As for eating out dont forget you can request how your food is cooked and prepared. Just ask exactly what is in the food and if you can substitute or take away sauces etc. Even if the food is not on the menu you could ask if they can make something....worth a try x

Best of luck. Pre op nerves are normal. I was petrified. But try and go in with a positive frame of mind. I was so scared and my anxiety was worse than any pain I experienced!

Best of luck. Pre op nerves are normal. I was petrified. But try and go in with a positive frame of mind. I was so scared and my anxiety was worse than any pain I experienced!

Thanks guys. Its the night before surgery and I'm trying to keep calm!! Must have been panicking a bit too much about the food as I lost another 5lb last week and now 10kg lighter since starting the pre-op diet!! Onwards and upwards!!!!!! xxx

I think we all go throw nerves the nite/morning before are we doing the rite thing?
should I not go throw with it ?
but am honestly to say it was the best thing I did having the band I no it different then bypass but am a great believer in doing what will make u happy and what u think the best!!
I wish u alls the best with ur op Tom and can't wait to read ur story!!

Lisa x x

Thanks guys. Its the night before surgery and I'm trying to keep calm!! Must have been panicking a bit too much about the food as I lost another 5lb last week and now 10kg lighter since starting the pre-op diet!! Onwards and upwards!!!!!! xxx

That's a fantastic loss!!! Don't think you'll have any problems with liver shrinkage :)
don't worry about the nerves, we all have them... just focus on your spot on the losers bench :) good luck tomorrow xxx

Good luck xx

Must be tomorrow now. Massive good luck wishes to you. Your worries are identical to those I (and I suspect most people!) had as the op date crept closer and closer. On the upside, you are closer to your new life. Hope all goes brilliantly. x

Back