• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stopped fasttabs now got heartburn

emmakc

hi everyone, I finished taking my fast tab tablets last week (I'm just over 3 months post op). the last couple of days I've had terrible heartburn, not related to food as I get it when I don't eat.

I called provider and she said to take omeprazole until my next checkup.

Is this normal? Did any of you get this and do you think I'll be on omeprazole for life?

Also, I've been having stabbing pains on and off over the last week on my right side (just above belly button line). Do you think this is related? I'm not due to have follow up until end of January.

I've lost almost 5 stone since op so weight is coming off really well.

Thanks peeps and Happy New Year!!

Hi Emma-Louise do you take fast tabs or omeprazole? I was told to take the fast tabs for 3 months only.

Hi,

I'm only just over 4 weeks post op, and have my fast tabs for another 2 months, but the bariatric nurse at the hospital said it would be best to continue them far longer. A friend of mine is 19 month post op and still has them.

I was supposed to be on lansoprazole for three months post-op, but my surgeon said to keep on them until he sees me at 6 months as I'd been so sick in the early days. It obviously varies widely from provider to provider!!

Hi there, I'm 11 months post op and take lansoprazole and have done since the day after surgery and I was told i will be on them as well as vitamin tablets for the rest of my life.
But you will get lots of answers from different people as different providers say different things and follow their own guidelines, so you will really need to follow the advice your provider gives you, BUT if your finding your having yummy troubles just keep them informed, they may suggest you take your tablets for a longer period or forever more, as again everyone Is different with this surgery and it's not a 1 rule fits everyone kind of thing. So just see how it goes and keep an eye on it.

And a huge well done on loosing 5st that's amazing,x

have just had to restart the fastabs due to sever indigestion/heartburn following removal of gallbladder. What a relief it was to take that first one!

I think it depends on how you're doing - I had no acid or reflux post op so I came off them at 3 months. However, some people do need them for life. It may just be you need them for a little longer while your stomach finishes healing.

I had them until my last visit in November. I have now stopped them as advised by the hospital with no ill effects

I´m going to be on them for the forseeable future and after a stomach bleed where I forgot them for a couple of days, I´m really strict with myself now about taking them.

Bloody phone meant to say was that I first 3 months after surgery? How did u know u had a stomach bleed? Sounds awful

Back