• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling

GeMzY

4 days post op now & still struggling to get enough liquids down I feel like I am constantly sipping but still nowhere near enough, had a rotten headache last night which I put down to not having enough water.

pre op water was my main drink followed by a few cups of coffee now I really struggle with water (even with NAS squash added) & cant face coffee have had a couple of cups of tea (which I detested before)

Please tell me this bit gets easier??

It does get easier, keep trying different drinks, post op all I could have was watered down apple juice as I went off my usual tea and water, I also had lots of ice in my drinks, experiment hun xx

I really struggled with water as well early on. SF ice poles were a god send!

It does get easier, it just takes a bit if time. X

My provider told me not to drink anything too cold as it sends pouch into spasm, I used to drink warm water which helped, it does get much easier as time goes by xx

I have found warm drinks easier even milk needs the chill taken off it, just cant seem to get enough in in a day........ & now I have developed a hankering (not hunger just craving) for toast :sigh: I swear I can smell toast wherever I go lol

When I came round I was given a huge jug of water rammed with ice and have had iced drinks and ice cubes ever since.

seriously? i had to beg a sip of water when i came round (stuck in recovery for over 6 hrs waiting on bed being ready)

the next day they was offering tea coffee soup, i couldnt even hold water down was sick every time, day 2 a cup of tea was my saviour & fingers crossed all thats made me heave since was the forceval stuff urghhhh :yuk:

I went private it was like a posh hotel my tea was in a silver pot with a silver milk jug cup and saucer on a silver tray with a doily on it

Haha, I was private as well and my orange juice came on a doily (don't do tea or coffee!) I found it rather amusing!

Haha, I was private as well and my orange juice came on a doily (don't do tea or coffee!) I found it rather amusing!

What amused me was, my op was postponed until the next day, my surgeon was most apologetic and said as I'd not eaten all day why didn't I have something really nice and handed me a full restaurant menu and suggested a chicken baguette and chips, what did I opt for? A muller lite lol I was so terrified I'd undo all my LSD good work my having *norty food* even my yogurt came on a tray with a doily

Attachments

• tea.jpg
    tea.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
What amused me was, my op was postponed until the next day, my surgeon was most apologetic and said as I'd not eaten all day why didn't I have something really nice and handed me a full restaurant menu and suggested a chicken baguette and chips, what did I opt for? A muller lite lol I was so terrified I'd undo all my LSD good work my having *norty food* even my yogurt came on a tray with a doily

Blimey, well done you on the muller light, mind you I'd have probably done the same thinking that the surgeon was trying to trick me.........

4 days post op now & still struggling to get enough liquids down I feel like I am constantly sipping but still nowhere near enough, had a rotten headache last night which I put down to not having enough water.

pre op water was my main drink followed by a few cups of coffee now I really struggle with water (even with NAS squash added) & cant face coffee have had a couple of cups of tea (which I detested before)

Please tell me this bit gets easier??

I can relate to you hun... im on the third day of my pre op and im struggling too.....my op is on the 7th of June... After my pre op I never want to see milk ever again...lol

Getting fluids in is vital - things like thin soups, ice poles, even yoghurts count as fluid...its moisture.
Sipping as much as you can is great, but, you may be able to compensate in other ways. Watered down fruit juices may be ok, but I couldnt tolerate them to begin with.

Its early days yet, stick with it, and things will be easier as you get your head round things.

Personally, I went off tea, and found milky drinks really helpful - liquid AND protein!

early days i had to jave warm drinks if i wanted to manage more than a cup of fluids a day

im 4 months out now and can manage any temperature but hot or room temp still goes down easier than cold

Hi im 5 days post op. Im managing with most fluids milk tea and water however i feel the urge to gulp all the time probly because i know i cant. Still early days thou and im enjoying experimenting with new things even though there runny or pureed. Good luck in ur experimenting xx

Back