• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Things I Yearn For:

JayHobbs

Slowly Shrinking
:)
There are so many things I feel I have missed out on, due to being obese all my adult life.
Here are a few things I aim to do when I have reached target weight:

*Horse Riding trip - maybe trekking in Wales or if finances allow, one of those ranching holidays in the States or Canada.. yeehawwwwwwwww

* Canoeing. I've never been able to fit in a canoe... so a Canoeing/Camping holiday along the River Wye.

*Scuba Diving.. Never had enough weights on belt to keep me under.

*Shopping for clothes at Asda George or even Primark... lol

Anyone else have any dreams or goals?

Fair rides with my girls, they've never seen me on anything except tea cups n carousel...

I'd love to run, don't want to do marathons just want to be able to run :)

To blend insignificantly into the crowd when going out, not to stick out like a sore thumb

Am sure there are others, but this will do for now :) xx

mine is ~
~ not be the fat mum at the school gates

~ go on fair rides with my boys ( i see this written alot and its so true when your kids are excited and you have to say no, daddy will go on) makes me feel sh*t

~be able to go in a clothes shop and not search for things that 'll fit and be able to buy the latest fashion at the front of the rail instead of rifling to the back!

~ be able to participate in my boys school sports day ( when that happens in sep) without looking like an out of breath heffa whos bum resembles two pigs fighting in a pillowcase!

~ get fully naked in front of my hubba!!! damm when this weight is off and ive had my plastics (hopefully) he wont know whats hit him

~ finally as ill go on and on and on, to just be happy and healthy xx

The biggest things is of course, to be able to buy "normal" clothes in "normal" shops I've never dared go into before...

As I write this I'm listening to the weekly emergency alarm test at work and suddenly imagining an ear piercing alarm going off in a shop and a loud voice saying "this is an announcement...fat woman detected... I must ask you to leave the building immediately...!!!!)
:8855::8855::8855::8855:

Theme parks! havent been to one in about 10 years...that is my birthday plans for next year hehe

Shopping trip in camden, London.....why is it all the goth clothes only go up to a size 16-18....one day they will be mine...oh yeas..the will be mine!! haha :D

ride a motorbike :D always wanted to do this since iw as little...got a lot of biker friends so maybe one day this will come true lol

there are other things i'm sure but these are 3 off the top of my head that i can think of

at 19 I went to Alton Towers on a date - he was big too and neither of us could fit on the rides. He was bigger than me so he didnt get on one in particular...I knew that I could squeeze uncomfortably into it but decided to get off the ride with him. I was so ashamed for us both and about an hour later, I got a call from my then best friend who's sister had seen everything (she was on a school trip) and I was mortified that 1 person who knew me had seen me! I was mortified....I decided then to lose weight....I didnt manage it, but thats the only time I was ever embarrassed due to my weight and it will stay with me for ever. :(

at 19 I went to Alton Towers on a date - he was big too and neither of us could fit on the rides. He was bigger than me so he didnt get on one in particular...I knew that I could squeeze uncomfortably into it but decided to get off the ride with him. I was so ashamed for us both and about an hour later, I got a call from my then best friend who's sister had seen everything (she was on a school trip) and I was mortified that 1 person who knew me had seen me! I was mortified....I decided then to lose weight....I didnt manage it, but thats the only time I was ever embarrassed due to my weight and it will stay with me for ever. :(

MMMMMMMM similar embarrassing moment for me. When I DID manage to go on a fair ground ride with my kids years ago; it was one of those cars on long arms which go up and swing round (I think it was called the octopus) but our car didn't go up as high as everyone elses. And when I mentioned it to the man operating the ride he told me it was because I was so flipping (edited!) fat! :cry::eek:

I was so mortified I never wanted to go on one again.

So...when I'm slim I want to:

go scuba diving (we went to the Red Sea in Egypt this year and really wanted to try it but didn't dare even attempt as I didn't think the'd have a wet suit big enough)

learn to ice skate

learn to dance

go buy clothes in a 'normal' shop

go on a fair ground ride!

take my hubby to New York

oooo charis your joking! jese there s no need to be so rude the horrible man x

oooo charis your joking! jese there s no need to be so rude the horrible man x

No, not joking; he really was horrible and I cried and cried. Poor kids (they were only little) were so confused.

o gosh thats just awful!! id have been mortified plus i wouldnt have known what to do regarding that id have thought, you horrible man, lucky hubbi didnt hear or he'd have prob hit him hey x

Some GREAT reply s!

Theme Parks,, Oh, so many times I have had to stand and watch..
I recall one incident, at Blackpool Pleasure Beach,, I got stuck in a turnstyle.. had hubby shoving me from behind and 2 buddies pulling me from the front,, HOW embarrassed was I?

I so envy my smaller friends who go clothes shopping and find all those lovely clothes. While I am stuck with Evans.. that cost a FORTUNE!

Keep the ideas coming in,, Its a great motivator :)

Back