• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trying to be positive!

nicola1723

Well, I'm still pretty poorly, but this week I've hit a few milestones, 13 weeks post bypass:

Now weigh less than my hubby for first time since we met!

My bmi is under 35 - no longer super obese, just obese!

I'm into the "12's"

I've lost 6 stone

I'm just over 2 stone to my target

These are all great things, but at the moment I can't eat very much at all and am constantly nauseous, so the results are very skewed!

Thanks to everyone here for your support xx

Well done on the positives shame about the other stuff tho xx

Definitely try and stay positive. It's the only way to be :D

I'm 9 months and still can't eat, am on soup and milk, sloppy Weetabix with some fruits; strawberry, pear, apple and banana. Pretty constant spasms in my actual stomach and nausea.

The only way I can try and eat is if I'm on a drug for a couple of weeks called nifedipine. It stops the spasms after a few days but the side effects aren't pleasant, and then once the drugs stop the effect wears off after about 4 days and I can't eat again.

Positive mental attitude. Just keep smiling. It can only get better. And hey, what a great weight loss :D

Things to definitely celebrate well done but what a shame that you're suffering in other ways :( hope it settles for you soon!

Hope your surgeon gets things sussed for you and that you begin to feel better soon hun xx

Definitely try and stay positive. It's the only way to be :D I'm 9 months and still can't eat, am on soup and milk, sloppy Weetabix with some fruits; strawberry, pear, apple and banana. Pretty constant spasms in my actual stomach and nausea. The only way I can try and eat is if I'm on a drug for a couple of weeks called nifedipine. It stops the spasms after a few days but the side effects aren't pleasant, and then once the drugs stop the effect wears off after about 4 days and I can't eat again. Positive mental attitude. Just keep smiling. It can only get better. And hey, what a great weight loss :D

Symptoms are really similar to mine. Constant nausea and cramps, which are particularly on left side just below my ribcage x

That's your actual stomach pouch :(. You could ask your GP to try Nifedipine (20mg three times daily) but the side effects aren't pleasant. Low blood pressure and water retention. Done 5 days on it and am going to try some sloppy stew tonight, first food in a month :D

Positive Mental Attitude :D

Ah they might not let me have it as I already have low blood pressure, usually 80/60 might not be a good plan!! Seeing surgeon Wednesday, hopefully he can help xx

Back